PSA Giveaways and Gifting Thread

Yup. ITB was given during December 2019 but it was only for one day.

Next week EGS is gonna give out Railway Empire and Where the Water Tastes Like Wine.

IIRC WtWTLW was given out before in itch.io?

3 Likes

EGS give aways right now are:

• Football Manager 2020
  • Stick it to the man!
  • WATCH_DOGS 2

Next free game is Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 Complete Edition!

3 Likes

I have a code for 3 months of Xbox Game Pass for PC from Discord. I can not use it because “Not valid for existing or previous Xbox Game pass for PC members, or existing Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members” so if you’ve never had Game Pass before and want 3 months let me know. The one catch is that it does require you to sign up with a credit card and will auto bill if you don’t cancel before the 3 months are up.

Claimed!

Rocket League is now a free to play on the Epic Game Store! Also if you “claim” it in the next 30 days you get a $10 store coupon.

Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 Complete Edition is also free on EGS.

Twitch has some goodies as always if you’re a prime member (skins, boosters, etc). As a reminder if you already have Amazon Prime you have Twitch Prime so don’t let it go to waste!

Games on Twitch Prime right now to claim:

• The Last Blade 2
  • Samurai Showdown Special
  • The King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match
  • The King of Fighers 97 Global Match
  • Shock Troopers
  • The King of Fighers 98 Ultimate Match Final Edition
  • Garou: Mark of the Wolves
  • Metal Slug 3
  • Vostok Inc
  • Pumped BMX Pro
  • Effie
  • Outcast - Second Contact
  • Q.U.B.E. 2
  • Bridge Constructor
  • Tiny Troopers: Joint Ops
  • Autonauts

And a lot more SNK games that have already been mentioned in this thread.

5 Likes

Rocket League is also free on all other platforms, but no free $10 elsewhere!

EDIT: Just a heads up, that $10 coupon comes with a minimum purchase caveat, basically meaning you do have to put your own money into a purchase in order to redeem it. It also expires Nov 1.

3 Likes

Looks like Canadian Xbox All-Access Preorders start today:
https://www.ebgames.ca/xboxallaccess

Pricing looks really good compared to American pricing. Canadian pricing looks to be about $5 less per month than what they’re paying down south.

$40/month for 24 months is a LOT of money. $960 is a lot of money for a $600 console, even if you believe that Xbox Ultimate Game Pass is worth about $200 a year it’s retailing for and you get two years of it.

Like, if you break it down, the only real deal here is that
a) You get to finance a console with no money down and no interest, which if you’ve paid attention to phone financing (and especially if you’ve worked retail selling phones) is both

• a blessing for some people who don’t have the cash right now, but have a steady, secure income that have the room in their budget for a $40/month responsibility
  • and an outright curse that will leave you crushed if you slip anywhere along the way or, which is often for people who aren’t the most financially savvy, if you bite off more than you can chew.

And given that we are still experiencing in Canada record setting unemployment, I worry that those who think they are secure will not be and those that are in a shaky place right now might get themselves over their head.

b) You’re paying for 21 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and getting the last three months at 80% off. Not even the last 3 months free. Just 80% off.

And a reminder: none of this is including the taxes and possible shipping costs.
And it assumes you value all 24 of those months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.
And it assumes there won’t be any deals that you’ll be able to take advantage of… which there are not infrequent and not shallow.
And that the Xbox Series X is even the console you want to throw in your towel with this early.

So, tl;dr, it’s not a deal. Or really that great of financing plan. You have to be a pretty specific individual in a very specific financial situation for this to be better than waiting or buying it right out.

2 Likes

Epic Game Store has Costume Quest 2 and Layers of Fear 2 for free right now if you’re looking for some festive Halloween games to play!

New free games added to Twitch Prime since I last posted:

• Dead Age
  • Surf World Series
  • Stick it to the man!
  • Deadlight Directors Cut
  • The Occupation
  • Layers of Fear
  • Silver Chains
  • Kona
  • Darkside Detective
  • Jay and Silent Bob: Mall Brawl (???)
2 Likes

I just remembered that I have an extra Steam key for AI War 2 and the first DLC that I got with the Kickstarter a long time ago (I was super into Arcen games at the time so splurged on a big tier to get a copy of their unreleased game Stars beyond reach)

AI War is best described as a genre blend of space 4X/tower defense/RTS that at its heart is really a grand strategic guerrilla wargame. I think the sequel is a big improvement on the original. I’d recommend it for anyone who prefers big time eating strategy games over twitchy fast paced RTS (you CAN micro in it but I think it’s not the focus)

2 Likes

BIG fighting game sale on steam rn got some notables (all prices listed in USD):

Competitive Fighting Games (everything 40% off or more):

• Slap City 4.99
  • King of Fighters XIII 4.99
  • King of Fighters XIV 14.99 / Deluxe 18.74 / Ultimate 22.49
  • Granblue Fantasy Versus 38.99
  • Injustice 2 9.99 / Legendary 14.99
  • UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late[cl-r] 16.74
  • Them’s Fightin’ Herds 8.99
  • Blazblue X Tag Battle 14.99 / Special 24.99
  • Killer Instinct 9.99
  • Rivals of Aether 16.49
  • Dragonball FighterZ 9.59 / FighterZ Edition 15.19*
  • Fighting EX Layer 9.99
  • Tekken 7 9.99 / Ultimate 19.79**
  • Soul Calibur VI 9.59 / Deluxe 22.49***
  • Guilty Gear XRD Revelator 5.99 / Deluxe 8.99
  • Dead or Alive 6 17.99
  • Mortal Kombat 11 19.99
  • Street Fighter V 7.99 / Champion 19.98****
  • Skullgirls 2.99 / 2nd Encore Upgrade (must own base game) 4.49

Collections (everything 50% off):

• Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection 14.99
  • Samurai Shodown NeoGeo Collection 19.99

Others (everything 40% off or more):

• Treachery in Beatdown City 11.99
  • Gang Beasts 9.99
  • Capcom Beat’Em Up Bundle 9.99
  • River City Ransom Underground 7.99
  • My Hero One’s Justice 9.59
  • My Hero One’s Justice 2 29.99
  • Jump Force 14.99
  • Dragonball Xenoverse 2 7.99
  • Override Mech City Brawl 4.49
  • Absolver 7.49
  • Kill La Kill IF 4.99
  • Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Full Burst 7.99

::* only includes season pass 1 not 2 or 3
::** only includes season pass 1 & 2 not 3 & 4
::*** only includes season pass 1 not 2
::**** only includes the first 4 season passes

1 Like

Abzu is one of my favorite games and is $2 on Switch now to Nov. 19. It’s short but usually it’s $20 and I’ve bought it twice for that with no regrets. So um I think you should buy it if you like chillin and swimmin.

3 Likes

Wasn’t going to bump the thread just for this, but Troubleshooter is currently on sale 25% off too. If what Austin said about it on the podcast interested you, I’d highly recommend checking it out!

1 Like

Amazon is having a board game sale right now. The “Exit” games are fun co-op puzzle/escape room games but are one time use so getting them for ~$10 is a pretty good deal.

Also EGS has The Textorcist for free right now which looks like an okay typing game? I don’t know much about it

Bit of a different post for this thread, but I have something I’d hope someone here would be interested in.

A few months ago, I ordered an art print off Etsy of Orphan of Kos from Bloodborne. It’s a small painting of the beach he’s standing on, looking up at the moon — kinda melancholic and sad and a little creepy. It took so long to get to me that the seller and I agreed that it was lost in the mail and he sent another… and now both have arrived, and he told me to keep it, so I have an extra I would love to give to another Bloodborne fan.

This is the print: https://www.etsy.com/listing/604553262/souls-borne-orphan-of-kos-art-print-game

If anyone is interested in taking the extra, I would be happy to mail it to you (or, in the unlikely case that you’re in the Chicago area, drop it off wherever you’d want). Please DM me if you would be — I’ll edit this post if someone does.

5 Likes

Elite Dangerous is free on Epic until the 26th for the space simulator inclined, along with a game called The World Next Door which I literally know nothing about but hey, free is free!

3 Likes