PSA Giveaways and Gifting Thread

CDPR is not a great company, but they are giving away the Shadowrun Returns trilogy (which is a great series of games) for the next 3 days.

2 Likes

Free game on Epic this week is The Spectrum Retreat which seems like an interesting puzzle game

Prime Gaming giveaways right now are:

• Battlefield 1
  • The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition
  • Portal Dogs
  • RAD
  • Automachef
  • Batman - The Enemy Within
  • The Wanderer: Frankenstein’s Creature
  • Tales of the Neon Sea

Epic has

2 Likes

Free until next Thursday on Epic:

A Plague Tale: Innocence, supposedly quite good.

Minit, supposedly great.

5 Likes

Plague Tale absolutely whips. Also a fun game to play after listening to the Waypoint+ Resi 101 in regards to horror games sort of changing genres towards the end. One of my favourite examples of a game that starts as one thing and transitions into doing something completely different, but equally rad.

5 Likes

Minit is indeed great, but very short. I would highly, highly recommend it for free, especially since the time investment is quite low.

6 Likes

Hey not a freebie but Humble has an incredibly good bundle for Jackbox right now. These work very well over Discord calls!

What is free is Rebel Galaxy though!

1 Like

Again on Epic, the first Nioh game is free. It’s an actually amazing action game (albeit with a shitty inventory) by Team Ninja. Like their Ninja Gaiden series (which I think this hems closer to than as a “Souls-like”) it’s very difficult, though. But figuring out the combat flow by moving through stances and use your ki is very rewarding, which you can read a bit of in Amr Al-Aaser’s great column on it at RPS. Fun fact – this was the column that sold me on the game.

I never beat the final final boss.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/nioh-the-complete-edition

5 Likes

Anyone gotten into PC Building Simulator with it being free on Epic?

Among the Sleep is free until the 28th, I think I remember seeing this game in 2017 and thinking the premise was neat playing as a child at night in your house when everything seems much creepier.