PSA Giveaways and Gifting Thread

Klei Entertainment sale is going on until early monday morning:

https://store.steampowered.com/sale/klei/

Invisible Inc. , Mark of the Ninja , Don’t Starve , Oxygen Not Included and Crypt on Necrodancer all on sale!

Most things 75% off. I highly recommend Mark of the Ninja.

Hot on the heels of Totally Accurate Battlegrounds comes Cuisine Royale

Cuisine Royale is an all-kitchen-warfare Battle Royale game with the most honest system for Loot Boxes ever. Originally an April Fool’s joke from developers of squad based MMO shooter Enlisted, Cuisine Royale was highly appreciated by players and is now released as a stand-alone title.

Early Access will be free until June 25th 2018, after that we will probably make it a paid game to cover server expenses and fund further development. But it will stay free for players who will install the game during the initial 10 days period. We don’t plan to introduce any additional paid content that will affect the gameplay, only some cosmetics and customization options.

Also Realm Royale is free and came out recently. I was going to completely ignore this game but decided to give it a chance and it has filled the void Raidcal Heights left. If you are just wanting to play a BR game that is more casual without the building that Fortnite has I recommend giving it a try there are some things it does that are really fun such as the chicken mechanic.

Shadowrun: Returns (Deluxe) is currently free on Humble, and will be for ~48 hours.

It’s the worst of the best Shadowrun games!

I know this isn’t really a “deals” thread, but Steam’s Summer Sale just started up and there’s a ton of great stuff pretty deeply discounted (highly recommend just going into the under $5 or under $10 category) but what stood out to me was the Steam Link is only $2.50, which seems absurdly cheap. Worth a shot if you’re like me and have just been curious about it for a while, damn near free to try at the moment.

Last steam sale I got one for 5 and love it. Highly recommend it for 2.50

i heard a lot of problems around steam link, that its basically like a long hdmi cabel, and i would need more internet cabels?
Is this true?

The steam link is a streaming device you use to stream game video from a desktop on your local internet network so in that way it works like an HDMI cable! But that can be beneficial for people that want to play games on their tv, but don’t have their gaming PC close by.

As for internet cables, you need a good solid network connection to get the most out of it, so that’s why you would need a network cable (generally speaking, wired interenet connections are faster and more reliable than wireless connections)

One feature of the Steam Link that I don’t think gets talked about enough is controller compatibility. The Steam Link is compatible with nearly every bluetooth and wired controller out there without having to install drivers or run wrappers or any other nonsense, and the custom input mapping is incredibly full-featured.

My favorite use of this was syncing a PS3 Nav-Con to it in order to play games one-handed. Obviously that doesn’t work with all games, but it’s great for playing simple platformers and slow-paced mouse-driven games on the couch while keeping one hand free to wrangle toddlers or just hold a cup of coffee.

also idk how well this would work for me, since i have to use x360ce in order to get my ps2 controller working

It also seems like participating in Steam’s current “Saliens” clicker game while logged in allows you to enter some giveaways.

There’s 5 “planets” to play the game on, each tile you play on gives you an extra sale trading card (up to 3) and enters you into that planet’s giveaway (to win one of four games). The more time spent fighting on a given planet, the better your chances of winning that planet’s giveaway.

Current (no clue if its daily or not yet) giveaways include Assassin’s Creed: Black Flag, Hollow Knight, Antichamber, and LiSA, amongst others.

You might be surprised. I had a third party wireless adapter for my wireless 360 controller that I always had to manually assign a driver to whenever I plugged it into a PC, but it worked without any fiddling when I plugged it into the Steam Link.

Pillars of Eternity Definitive Edition is free for Twitch Prime members until July 4th!

Sometimes Humble is like “oh, I’m not super interested in this but maybe I’ll get around to it,” but this month I have Twitch drowning me in games I am interested in, so. You know the drill.

Hearts of Iron IV
Blackwake
Portal Knights
Forts
Titan Quest: Anniversary Edition + Titan Quest: Ragnarok DLC
Interplanetary: Ehanced Edition
Serial Cleaner

Titan Quest is dope. It’s a Diablo-like with a bright, fun mythological setting. Snap it up!

HACKNET is being given away, go grab it:

So I think I can put this here? I got an email from Sony with a 25% off code for the digital or digital deluxe edition of God of War. I’m not going to use it myself, so I’m willing to give it away to someone who’s interested. PM me if you want it.

Code was claimed, thanks!

Hitman episode 3 is free until the end of the month. On Playstation I had to get it through the in game store, not sure if works the same on PC.