Renata Price -- welcome to Waypoint

Fanbyte, Kotaku, Waypoint. Next … the world!

18 Likes

Nice! I really enjoyed Renata’s writing at Kotaku, can’t wait to see what she does here.

4 Likes

I was hoping Renata would keep writing in games! Congrats on a non-Spanfeller position.

10 Likes

She’s great. I know her stuff a little from Fanbyte, and as mentioned above, her brief stint at Kotaku.

Ever since the team announced a search for a new member I must confess I’ve been nervous about who they’d get - how would it affect the vibe on the pod or streams? Thrilled the answer is Renata who I’m sure will fit right in.

4 Likes

I have a lot of faith in Patrick/Rob/Cado to be good stewards of Waypoint.

Thrilled to see Renata come aboard - going from Fanbyte under Danielle to Kotaku under Patricia Hernandez to Waypoint is about as good a CV as you could ask for out of a new member of the team. Renata’s half-Waypoint already.

7 Likes

This is wonderful news. Go Renata!

3 Likes

Renata’s farewell really struck a chord with me:

If I’ve learned anything from working here, it is that you have to give yourself the grace to fail if you have any interest in staying alive.

As a first-year teacher who is absolutely failing and going to quit, this made me feel much better. Excited to see what else Renata writes for waypoint!

1 Like

Welcome Renata! Do they have a muckrack or something where I can find their previous work? I only see the author page at Kotaku.

Welcome! Let’s goooooo

Horray, new humans get to live in my car radio and they like games too.

2 Likes

How exciting! Very pleased to have Renata join the Waypoint crew. Welcome!

1 Like

Extremely stoked for a new voice, welcome to the site! This twitter thread made me very excited for the future podcast dynamic. Finally Rob has a fellow ultrawide defender.

4 Likes

Weeeew I had no doubt that Patrick, Rob and Cado would bring in someone great that fits the Waypoint vibe and stoked for Renata to add their voice. Welcome welcome welcome!

1 Like

Welcome Renata, it’s great to hear you so effortlessly and magnificently bullying the others on the pod, excited for what’s to come!

2 Likes

She was kicking ass in that bonus episode (stream)? Haven’t heard a voice this confident about what Waypoint could be since Austin left.

6 Likes

I went into the last late night episode with such a critical gatekeeping attitude, I can see that now after having listened to it. I was proven wrong and blown away by this (sorry, ageist too) 21 year old sassy clever woman, and I’m so happy for it.
I capitulate, and I’m an asshole - Welcome Renata!