Resident Evil Village: Big Woman Edition

I like how the narrative around this game has completely shifted to the big lady:

LADY BIG, HORROR BIG

Trailer:

Gameplay Demo:

And I’ve been personally been trying my hand at the memes:

2 Likes

“Big lady, big horror” would be a tagline I could get behind

11 Likes

I can’t wait to watch other people play this because I am too scared to play it myself. Like, 50% because of Big Vampire Lady but 50% because RE7 was cool and I want to see what they do next.

2 Likes

And it’s coming to PS4 and Xbox One, so I may actually get to play it this year! Might still wait until closer to release to see what the usual spec comparisons say, though (I don’t care if I can only get 24FPS or whatever, but I’ll pass if it’s gonna brick my non-Pro PS4).

2 Likes

I am looking at the lärge vampire woman… With respect.

Only respect.

8 Likes

First person dating sim but it’s tall vampire ladies who want to eat you.

6 Likes

Capcom: We’re going to make a giant scary vampire

The Internet:

9 Likes

They know. They have to know. They’re playing us like fiddles and I can do nothing but be played because awooga.

7 Likes

And if you think now is bad, just wait until the game’s out and we see whatever her fucked up, lovecraftian goo monster, form is…

6 Likes

Ideally they shake up the formula by making the final form really tiny.

8 Likes

Plot twist: it’s Salazar in disguise the WHOLE TIME!!!

2 Likes

Hopefully she isn’t replaced by generic mold monsters 50% through the game.

4 Likes

My guess is that she’ll eventually turn into one, like all RE villains.

1 Like

I’m super interested in RE8, it looks super near, but I’m wondering whether I should rush to play RE7 in the meantime?

May is 4 months out and RE7 is both a great game and not very long. Also free on game pass if you’ve got that.

RE7 has some stupid stuff in it but us generally very cool.
When you get it don’t forget to use the block button all the time. The game does a horrible job of making it clear that you can block all kinds of attacks with it that don’t look like they’d be blockable.

1 Like

Big lady is a very good idea.

RE7 was great, played it not too long ago. I’m glad they are sticking to first person, it worked really well. I think they at some point said that this would have more action, which is maybe not what it needs.

I’m fine with it having more action as long as the action is as smooth and good as the RE2 remake which was on the same engine. But if it’s just RE7’s combat/enemies but more uh, no thanks (I love RE7 though, just not that aspect of it lol).

1 Like

More like… DOMITRESCU, am I right, gamers? huehuehuehuehuehuehue

5 Likes

Halfway through she becomes an ally and the rest of the game is Ethan sitting on her shoulders fighting enemies as in a turret sequence. QTEs to remind her to duck down further so his head doesn’t smack against things.

8 Likes