Riot Games Investigating Exec Who Blamed George Floyd’s Murder on His ‘Lifestyle’

Riot Games has launched an investigation into one of its executives after he shared a post on social media that downplayed the murder of George Floyd by a police officer.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/7kp89e/riot-games-investigating-exec-who-blamed-george-floyds-murder-on-his-lifestyle

Remember to play Valorant, kids!

6 Likes

Considering they still really haven’t dealt with the folks who created the work environment that led to multiple lawsuits against them, I’m sure this “investigation” will be fruitful.

Remember to play that Valorant.

4 Likes

Slap on the wrist and a big bonus next year after this blows over.

4 Likes
5 Likes

What he shared on Facebook might be the worst “meme” I have seen in my entire life.

3 Likes

I gotta love the fact that he works for a company named “Riot”. Reminds me of the guys I knew in high school who wore Rage Against the Machine shirts who now are talking about the “right and wrong” ways to protest. White people sure do love to cosplay as the revolution, huh?

10 Likes

The Tom Morello stuff was so funny. “I didn’t mind when you were Rage Against the Machine but now that you’re raging against the machine, sir, I’m afraid I must condemn.”

11 Likes

I remember, back in the day, having a private chat with a developer making a game they wanted to title “Riot” and getting “gentle legal threats” from Riot Games over the name.

I never verified it and I’m not sure if the game ever came out, under which name if it did, etc. Still.

Being 100% serious, seeing Valorant being given any oxygen at all from game sites, particularly this one, makes me real mad.

8 Likes