Riverdale - That Archie Show

Absolutely, it’s not great how they’re handling her crush on Josie, but is, I guess, also understandable that Cheryl would act irrationally given how much she’s been through recently, and I hope it becomes obvious that that’s the case, rather than this is acceptable behaviour, and it’s handled properly

I love myself a good, trashy teen drama but I cannot do Riverdale. I can’t abide what they’ve done to my Jughead. He was my first ever fictional crush, and the fact that Chip Zdarsky’s run of Jughead canonized his asexuality was such a huge thing for me, myself being asexual. And then Riverdale came along and just…
i hate you
I can’t do it.

season 3 lads

i fuckin love this show

after the ridiculous levels of escalation from the previous season i was joking about when they were gonna introduce some occult shit but lo and behold

and then there’s archie trying to take on several riot gear clad prison guards at once

I despise the prison stuff. Archie is such a stupid character, and totally brushed to the side by now. Who would care about all that when there is this really weird exciting mystery going on in town?

And for the love of god, no more singing!!

more singing, imo

I’m not in love with the DnD part of the occult plot, but the rest of it is pretty neat - I like the bit at the end of E2 with the adults doing an It Part 2 thing. The jail though…

I love how last season South Side High was basically a prison and this season they’re literally doing a prison. I was hoping for a True Detective season 1 style plot with the Gargoyle King but as mentioned earlier more like It. Looking forward to what ever it runs out to be.

this is me

1. I adored the flashback episode.
  2. this week’s episode actually managed to resolve the prison stuff in a super satisfying way, I felt. The gargoyle king shit is getting a real fun kind of bizarre.

I love this show because, I haven’t watched any of season three yet, and every tweet I see about it reads like absurd hyperbole but
it probably isn’t

rivers be daling

i can’t really process this season. after so much i’m just like. yeah. sure. to everything.

suire lets just make skeet ulrich sherriff. who gives a shit. the good news is we probably don’t have to hear veronica say “archiekins” any more and also we inch ever closer to the possibility of jarchie.

I stop watching Riverdale for almost a full month and they make FP sheriff?

What even is Riverdale anymore???

Gonna go ahead and assume that Tall Boy wasn’t the only one posing as the gargoyle king, but it’d be very typical of this show if they just throw that story branch out.
It’s hilarious that they made Archie what he is now (lol at him being an alcoholic suddenly for literally no reason). Archie sucks!

I really loved S2 because it was just so over-the-top in ways that I appreciated and was so hyped for S3. But S3 hasn’t delivered on any of that at all, to the point where I dropped it after The Midnight Club episode. I was keeping up with the AV Club recaps for a little while but I’ve dropped off of reading them too.

Nothing about Riverdale interests me anymore and it sucks so bad that the show’s gone from something I loved and saw as the second coming of Gossip Girl, to something I don’t even care about anymore so quickly.

The episodes in January so far have really fallen off, but I’m still here for some reason!!! (???)

Prob should have given up watching at the break but watching with friends can be fun. Sadly the show hasn’t been allowing for much fun though. Starting to doubt if the show was even better than season 3 or if its an out lier.

Most recently my friends and I were trying to under the SAT moment. I think their is some room for Archie to realize he has changed, dad ask him what he wants etc. But instead we spend the whole EP listening to random people suddenly talk about school as if its a plot point. Just felt so random and unable to get to the point quick enough.
The Farm is also confusing, they clearly wanna set it up as a S4 plot point but they never let us see anything about the farm. Not only that but Archie and Jug managed to find ANOTHER farm that was not THE FARM. Seems confusing for one throw away scene to label Lodge as “man in black”.

Just kind of want river dale to slow down and actually tackle some stuff they bring up. Inform people of stuff instead of just giving us throw away lines.

A fun thing to do with this season is to try and make a diagram of the various storylines and present them in a way that makes cohesive narrative sense.

i don’t watch this for consistency or quality

i watch this for “in crimetown, everybody is guilty”

No one who is supposed to watch Riverdale has seen Chinatown.

Forget it, Jug. It’s Riverdale.