ROUND 3 PT.8 pwease no steppe: Best Game Theme Contest

SSX Tricky will have to remain unrepresented :wink:

Time to start voting!

Bracket here: https://challonge.com/jff5yzlh

Vote Here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/7Q88XZK

THIS ROUND…

Wake Up, Get Up, Get Out There - Persona 5 VS Simon’s Theme - Super Castlevania IV

Open Waters - Aquaria VS Title Theme - Metroid Prime

Mausoleum Mash - Crypt of the Necrodancer VS Main Theme - Ghost Trick

Theme - Skullgirls VS Blood Dragon Theme - Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

Poll closes tomorrow at 7 PM Central time.

FYI there’s a polling function you can use on the forum which probably would be easier and more convenient.

Also I can’t BELIEVE I have to pick between the Persona 5 theme and Castlevania 4 when both are absolutely monsterous bangers

I decided to go with survey monkey for the early round voting because it’s a pain to make four on site polls at a time.

Wow, three of my nominations right off the bat.

I feel like a fraud because I nominated Skullgirls and didn’t even vote for it.

That 80s synth is too strong.

Hey, wait a minute, that’s not the Metroid Prime theme I nominated.

I nominated this one.

Fixed. Using Youtube for unnamed game music will be the death of me by the end of this lol.

I actually had to search around for OST track listings in some cases because the song names listed here or in videos seemed incorrect, and a lot of times I was right. I couldn’t really find a definite answer with Skullgirls so I just left the generic “Theme” title.

EDIT: The original link I left was the main menu theme, which starts right after the title screen.

Demon’s Souls OST - Demon’s Souls

Some of the best music in the series comes from this game, imo.

The Elder Scrolls 3 - Nerevar Rising.

Okay, so maybe it’s Morrowind hold such a special place in my heart, but this song encompasses such a sense of wonder for me.

Guys the nominations process is over, we’re voting. See a few posts up.

RESULTS

Wake Up, Get Up, Get Out There - Persona 5 VS Simon’s Theme - Super Castlevania IV - 14-10
Open Waters - Aquaria VS Title Theme - Metroid Prime - 5-16
Mausoleum Mash - Crypt of the Necrodancer VS Main Theme - Ghost Trick - 18-5
Theme - Skullgirls VS Blood Dragon Theme - Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon - 10-13

Castlevania had a strong early lead, but Persona got a big second wind in the last few hours. It was close with Blood Dragon, but it kept the lead overall. The other two rounds were decided fairly fast.

Bracket here: https://challonge.com/jff5yzlh

Vote Here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TMY5BK9

THIS ROUND…

Theme of Devil’s Flute - Professor Layton and the Last Specter VS Lone Survivor - Lone Survivor
Turn Back - The Beginner’s Guide VS Tristam - Diablo II
Main Theme - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild VS Theme - Donkey Kong Country
Setting Sail, Coming Home - Bastion VS Reset (Vocal Ver) - Devil Survivor

Deadline is April 3rd by 7 PM Central

My heart sank when I saw what Simon was up against.

EDIT: Just saw DK is going up against BOTW. I can’t even vote for my choice here. This is brutal. Damn you 2017.

I really don’t understand the appeal behind the BotW theme. I find it too… thin to be a strong theme for the game. Like it has nothing in it that really sticks with you. Don’t get me wrong, I completely understand the appeal of the game’s music when played in the game itself, but the theme doesn’t hold up outside of it.

I considered voting for Devil Survivor because no one else will, but it just feels too dishonest when it’s up against a song that’s made me cry multiple times.

I can see what you’re saying. Maybe I wouldn’t enjoy the theme so much if I hadn’t played the game but I think a big part of what makes a great theme is it’s connection to the game that it’s looking to summarize. I think it works since it starts off giving you the tranquility of walking through that gorgeous Ghibli wonderland and then shifts to danger and adventure which is basically what the whole loop of the game. The only Zelda theme I like nearly as much is

Wait.

Y’all.

Did we forget Ocarina of Time?

I definitely nominated Ocarina of Time…

Maybe @JKDarkSide missed it or it got cut?

Oh no, I missed it.

An average game, but the OST was incredible.

[Shatter OST] Module - Kinetic Harvest

A ton of Zelda themes got nominated, this is just the first one.