ROUND 3 PT.8 pwease no steppe: Best Game Theme Contest

I think I’ll be conflicted no matter what—I’m probably going to pick either over Pokemon, much as I like it, but I could see myself flipping between Wake and Disgaea if they get matched up again.

RESULTS

Balance Slays the Demon - Alan Wake’s American Nightmare VS Lord Laharl’s Hymn - Disgaea - 6-9 (nice)

Hills of Radiant Wind - NieR VS To Zanarkand - Final Fantasy X - 6-9 (also nice)
Gallowmere Waltz - Medievil Resurrection VS The Vth Vanguard - Wild Arms 5 - 3-11
Celtic 1/Urban Aire - Magic and Mayhem VS Pleasantly Understated Credit Sequence - Sam and Max Hit the Road - 5-10
Friends - Sonic Mania VS Theme - Secret of Monkey Island - 12-5

Lord Laharl’s Hymn will continue into round three, while Balance Slays the Demon will have to prove itself against Pokemon.

As for the main vote, The Canary Man has bested Awful Link, the undead were no match for sci-fi/fantasy cowboys, simple comedic jazz outpaced a classic, and the mysterious Monkey Island lost to the sheer joy of classic Sonic goodness. Some close calls this vote, we’ll see how things continue down the line…

Bracket Here: https://challonge.com/jff5yzlh

Vote Here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BF5RKWX

THIS ROUND…

Danganronpa Super Mix - Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair! VS I Gotta Believe! (De La Soul Version) - Parappa the Rapper 2
Overworld - Super Mario Bros. VS Icarus - Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Title Screen - Mega Man 2 VS Break out of… - Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Horse Steppin’ - Hotline Miami VS Never Surrender - DmC: Devil May Cry

Oh now THESE are gonna be some close match-ups!

Deadline is April 9th by 7PM Central

Was anyone else gonna vote for Gallowmere until they got like half way through Vanguard? Was also torn on the first one, Radiant Wind’s a better song, Zanarkand’s a better theme.

Also yo Mega Man 2 v Persona already.

The entire Wild Arms 5 soundtrack is criminally underrated. It even has a straight up anime opening done with in game graphics.

Yes that was basically my exact experience with Vanguard. It makes me wish I remembered to nominate the first Wild Arms’ theme. That series’ music is overlooked way too often.

And, yeah, as tough as it is to see Radiant Wind go, it’s not the best choice for a theme for the game… I mostly nominated because I liked it so much and, in hindsight, shouldn’t have nominated it at all.

Thankfully, To Zanarkand is still a fantastic theme and a perfect fit for its game.

Did I mention V has some badass boss themes

Oof. I don’t want to betray Lotus Juice, but the MM2 theme instantly puts me in that space of needing to beat up a bunch of cool robots my dad’s ex made.

The good news is that this thread 100% totally brought back Wild Arms.

The bad news is that it’s a mobile game.

RESULTS

Danganronpa Super Mix - Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair! VS I Gotta Believe! (De La Soul Version) - Parappa the Rapper 2 - 6-11
Overworld - Super Mario Bros. VS Icarus - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - 14-3
Title Screen - Mega Man 2 VS Break out of… - Persona 4 Arena Ultimax - 12-4
Horse Steppin’ - Hotline Miami VS Never Surrender - DmC: Devil May Cry 11-6

Hey, remember when I thought these would be close? Mega Man 2 and Super Mario Bros just CRUSHED P4A2: We Made The Attempted Rapist Serial Killer Into Deadpool and Anime Deus Ex, while Parappa and Hotline had some trouble with Dang It Ron Paul and FUCK YOU vomits, though getting near double the points over each anyways.

Next up…

Vote Here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/JW3FGPH

THIS ROUND…

I’m Back (To Rise) - Killer Instinct: Season 2 VS Baba Yetu - Civilization 4
It’s A Mad World - MadWorld VS Burn My Dread - Persona 3
Burning Hearts (Burning ANGEL) - Burning Rangers VS Bleed Harder - Bleed 2
Brand New Days, The Beginning - Persona 3 FES VS Theme 1 - Knack

AH SHIT IT’S A KNACK ATTAAAAAACK

Deadline is April 10th by 7PM Central

It’s me, “the only person who is going to vote for I’m Back (To Rise) over Grammy award winning Baba Yetu”, checking in.

And completely valid about P4A2. Looking back on it, what they did with that character was the #1 thing that put me off on the game, even after playing P4A competitively. Well, that and the Touch of Deaths.

Anyway vote Burning Rangers

(burning rangers) ashita no aosora ni
(burning rangers) shiroi hane hiroge
(burning rangers) akua marin no sora
Fly high tobitate

(burning rangers) we gonna make it alright
(burning rangers) oi kaze ukete
(burning rangers) hashiri tsuzukeruyo
Just do it! just burning rangers!

You may think you’re only one voting I’m Back (To Rise) but i love the hell out of that song haha

Look I’m not saying I’m gonna do anything but if Burning Rangers doesn’t win something might get done, if you know what I mean.

Don’t forget to vote today!

EDIT: Results will be up soon, please bear with me.

RESULTS

I’m Back (To Rise) - Killer Instinct: Season 2 VS Baba Yetu - Civilization 4 - 7-4
It’s A Mad World - MadWorld VS Burn My Dread - Persona 3 - 1-11
Burning Hearts (Burning ANGEL) - Burning Rangers VS Bleed Harder - Bleed 2 - 11-1
Brand New Days, The Beginning - Persona 3 FES VS Theme 1 - Knack - 10-3

Looks like sick beats beat out a grammy award winning piece. I nominated Bleed 2 and I wasn’t even the one person to vote for it lol. Burn My Bread crushed MadWorld, and KNACK WAS FUCKING ROBBED, ROBBED I TELL YOU.

And now to finish off round one…

Vote Here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZQWHMPF

THIS ROUND…

Title Theme - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess VS Subarashiki Shin Sekai (Brave New World) - Namco X Capcom
Calamari Inkantation - Splatoon VS Lost in Thought All Alone (Eng) - Fire Emblem: Fates
Exceeding Love - Suikoden 3 VS Snake Eater - Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Gong - Super Robot Wars Alpha 3 VS It’s Kill or Be Killed - No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle

Deadline is April 11th by 7PM Central

7f8

I was tempted to tell you but I didn’t want to influence the voting.

Hey just so you all no, no offense but if you don’t vote snake eater you’re wrong

Not because it’s the best song

but because it’s Snake Eater

I still listen to the Namco x Capcom opening to this day! One of the first import games I finished too.

I’m expecting blowouts.

I mean sure for the first three, but I actually found the last choice pretty close? That might just be because I never was a huge fan of It’s Kill or Be Killed.