ROUND 3 PT.8 pwease no steppe: Best Game Theme Contest

Also Gong is an awesome song and robots are v cool!?

Please remember to vote!

Looking at some of these matchups in round two and man. Blood is going to be shed.

Also, it looks like two of the matches for next round already have victories but there wasn’t a vote. Match up 72 and 81 both have victors with one single vote.

This was due to me accidentally putting in some themes twice. Even had a special vote to decide who would go up against Pokemon Gen 1 and who would move on without having that match.

LESS THAN ONE HOUR REMAINS.

Please vote thx

RESULTS

Title Theme - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess VS Subarashiki Shin Sekai (Brave New World) - Namco X Capcom - 7-12
Calamari Inkantation - Splatoon VS Lost in Thought All Alone (Eng) - Fire Emblem: Fates - 18-2
Exceeding Love - Suikoden 3 VS Snake Eater - Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - 3-17
Gong - Super Robot Wars Alpha 3 VS It’s Kill or Be Killed - No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle - 10-9

Absolutely wild round! While I adore Exceeding Love, losing to Snake Eater is nothing to be ashamed of. It was a near tie with NMH2 and Super Robot Wars, but the mechas won out by just one vote. A Zelda theme has finally been dethroned by the power of a crossover anthem (truly a Brave New World) and Splatoon completely destroyed Fire Emblem Fates.

Round one is over! We now move onto round 2! A ton of new themes are popping up, so get ready for a bloodbath!

Bracket Here: https://challonge.com/jff5yzlh

Vote Here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/RD8X58B

THIS ROUND…

Ozar Midrashim - Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver VS Wake Up, Get Up, Get Out There - Persona 5
Title Screen - Super Metroid VS Title - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Strike the Earth - Shovel Knight VS Title Theme - Metroid Prime
The Promise - Final Fantasy XIII VS Mausoleum Mash - Crypt of the Necrodancer

Deadline is April 12th by 7PM Central

Dunno how applicable it is but thank you YouTube for recommending me the DNB version of that FF13 theme.

Sunleth Waters is the best song in the game (and the moment it plays is probably the best part of the game in general), but it’s just different enough that I had to nominate the actual theme instead.

Also JFC Ocarina of Time vs Super Metroid. That might be the most ridiculous match-up yet.

Just wait until Super Mario Bros. Overworld VS Mother 3’s Love Theme.

I’ve only played Super Metroid once, so I had to refresh my memory on what it sounded like. I tabbed out and had to go back to see if it was some troll video trying to scare me! That’s some intense atmosphere. Dunno if I feel as strongly about it as a musical theme as I do Ocarina, but whew.

Oh no. No.

Like we totally understand why a loser’s bracket would be too much (and the fact that you set this up at all is incredible)… but this is why we have loser’s brackets.

CONTROVERSIAL OPINION: Both themes are only pretty good and everyone just puts a lot of stock into them because of the games they came from.

Now I can’t say this about Super Mario Bros Overworld and Mother 3 Love Theme that is going to be a goddamn blood bath between sheer catchiness and a musical tune that can rip out your fucking heart, even without complete context.

Super Metroid is one of my favourite games ever and yeah I agree the title theme is probably the weakest piece of music in the game imo.

Ocarina of Time, tho.

RESULTS

Ozar Midrashim - Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver VS Wake Up, Get Up, Get Out There - Persona 5 - 6-13
Title Screen - Super Metroid VS Title - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - 9-10
Strike the Earth - Shovel Knight VS Title Theme - Metroid Prime - 14-5
The Promise - Final Fantasy XIII VS Mausoleum Mash - Crypt of the Necrodancer - 7-11

Persona 5 takes out An Obnoxious Amount Of Block Puzzles But At Least It Looks Cool, Shovel Knight buries Metroid Prime, FFXIII gets danced over (it may have been able to get out of the way if not for that blasted hallway), and Ocarina just barely fought off Super Metroid with one vote!

Vote Here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/KFZ6VSN

THIS ROUND…

Remember to listen to any new tracks before you vote! You only get one chance to take the survey and all.

Mute City - F-Zero VS Blood Dragon Theme - Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
Devils Never Cry - Devil May Cry 3 VS Geralt of Rivia - The Witcher 3
No Good - This Is The Police VS Theme of Devil’s Flute - Professor Layton and the Last Specter
Odin Sphere Theme - Odin Sphere VS Theme - Transport Tycoon Deluxe

Deadline is April 13th by 7PM Central

Lifeless corpse as far as the eye can SAAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Shout outs to the MvC3 version of Devils Never Cry cause I think it’s actually better, despite being a 90 second loop.

I never realized how much Mute city sounds like a Final Fantasy battle theme.

Five hours left, and there’s a real lack of votes! Remember to vote so you don’t regret it later!

RESULTS

Mute City - F-Zero VS Blood Dragon Theme - Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon - 10-3
Devils Never Cry - Devil May Cry 3 VS Geralt of Rivia - The Witcher 3 - 8-4
No Good - This Is The Police VS Theme of Devil’s Flute - Professor Layton and the Last Specter - 3-10
Odin Sphere Theme - Odin Sphere VS Theme - Transport Tycoon Deluxe - 11-2

F-Zero muted Blood Dragon, The Japanese white haired hottie beat the western one, Layton said fuck the police, and Odin Sphere trounced Transport Tycoon.

Vote Here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SV9HKCY

THIS ROUND…

Stories Untold - Stories Untold VS Tristam - Diablo II
Endless Possibilities - Sonic Unleashed VS Undertale - Undertale
Blue Reflection - Blue Reflection VS Main Theme - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
The Light in Us All - Planet Coaster VS Ganbare Goemon - Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon

Deadline is April 14th by 7PM Central

Seems like all my picks are losing, goddammit.

If the pure, unbridled joy of The Light in Us All loses, this whole competition is a farce.

If the pure, unbridled joy of Ganbare Goemon loses, this whole competition is a farce :angry: