ROUND 4 PT.1 DEATH COMES RIDING ON THE MIDNIGHT TRAIN: Best Game Theme Contest

Discourse (the platform this forum uses) disallows all-caps posts. That could possibly be it? The phrasing they have around explaining that is kinda unhelpful though.

I severely underestimated the emotional toll this contest would inflict. I am left dispirited. RIP Metroid Prime 2 and SMT IV, they don’t love you like I love you

Dancing_isabelle

Remember to vote before the deadline!

WHOA these are some TOUGH matchups.

Chroma Squad is an underrated gem and its theme is a great homage to its sentai inspiration, but I still get chills when the “vocals” of Horse Steppin kick in.

The Concept of Love and Burn my Dread would be a fantastic final, that’s how strong of candidates they both are. In the end though, my allegiance to Naganuma.

Honestly, Saints Row and Odyssey would be another acceptable final matchup. The Saints Row theme still is as chill as always and immediately makes me want to play that game, but Odyssey is still pretty fresh in everyone’s minds so maybe it’ll get the win. It is catchy af and plays during one of the highlights of the entire game (even if I prefer the song during the ending).

Honestly, AC: NL was the better song. I really didn’t like the choice of Moon River for Bayo 2…

RESULTS

Power of Love, Chroma Squad! - Chroma Squad VS Horse Steppin’ - Hotline Miami - 4-13
Enter the Gungeon - Enter the Gungeon VS I’m Back (to Rise) - Killer Instinct: Season 2 - 10-6
The Concept of Love - Jet Set Radio Future VS Burn My Dread - Persona 3 - 12-5
Main Theme - Saints Row the Third VS Jump Up, Super Star! - Super Mario Odyssey - 5-12

Love is powerless against horses, Killer Instinct will not be back to the Gungeon, J-Rap punks beat out those posturin’ preps from Team Persona, and the Saints will not be marching in after seeing a super star jump up.

Listen sometimes the puns are natural, sometimes their not. Leave me alone.

Now who’s ready for even more weird as hell match ups!?

Bracket Here: https://challonge.com/jff5yzlh

Vote Here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3LMYVF5

THIS ROUND…

Mass Effect Theme - Mass Effect VS Burning Hearts (Burning ANGEL) - Burning Rangers
Where My Dogs At - Def Jam Vendetta VS Suicide Mission - Mass Effect 2
Dance! - Persona 4: Dancing All Night VS Brand New Days, The Beginning - Persona 3 FES
Main Theme - Bloodborne VS First Steps - Celeste

Deadline is April 25th by 7PM (I made a mistake last time lol)

Just a note, the song listed as “Main Theme” for Bloodborne is called Omen.

Also fuck, I don’t want to decide between Bloodborne and Celeste, that’s cruel.

In regards to that survey title…

Don’t forget to vote!

I’m not going to campaign for the right choice in this, so I’ll just say that seeing waypoint not vote for a DMX beat would be tremendously disappointing.

Do what you know is right, discoursers.

Possible tie situation in progress, please remember to vote!

RESULTS

Mass Effect Theme - Mass Effect VS Burning Hearts (Burning ANGEL) - Burning Rangers - 8-12
Where My Dogs At - Def Jam Vendetta VS Suicide Mission - Mass Effect 2 - 10-9
Dance! - Persona 4: Dancing All Night VS Brand New Days, The Beginning - Persona 3 FES - 7-10
Main Theme - Bloodborne VS First Steps - Celeste - 6-15

The hearts proved to burn brighter, the crew did not survive the Omega relay, P3 FES tells those P4 kids to put their dancing shoes away, and Celesta makes its first steps to round 3! Lots of upsets this round, and now it’s time to end round three with a big bang!

Vote Here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/L8GV8Q5

THIS ROUND…

Victory - Overwatch VS Subarashiki Shin Sekai (Brave New World) - Namco X Capcom
Into Free ~Dangan~ - Dragon’s Dogma VS Calamari Inkantation - Splatoon
Stage 01 - Super Ghost 'N Goblins VS Snake Eater - Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
GOD HAND (Eng) - GOD HAND VS Sewer Surfin’ - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time
Legend of the Throne - Nuclear Throne VS Gong - Super Robot Wars Alpha 3
Real Emotion (JP) - Final Fantasy X-2 VS Open Your Heart - Sonic Adventure

Deadline is April 26th by 7PM Central

Man, we just keep sending out my picks to die against bangers. RIP in peace Ghosts n Goblins, we hardly knew ye.

Four hours left to vote!

Last minute endorsements lightning round!

Overwatch’s theme still gives me chills. Sorry, anime.

Into Free is cool, but Calamari Inkantation got me to buy a theme for my 3DS with real money just so I got to hear this song whenever I go to the menu.

RIP Super Ghost 'N Goblins, you should have made it way farther than this.

RIP GOD HAND, I wish you weren’t up against one of the hottest bangers of the 16 bit era.

Legend of the Throne made me fall in love with the game from first boot up, even if Gong is a fucking great song.

Real Emotion is the only choice.

BE WARNED!! Tie situation in process! We need votes to avoid a revote!

RESULTS

Victory - Overwatch VS Subarashiki Shin Sekai (Brave New World) - Namco X Capcom - 10-9
Into Free ~Dangan~ - Dragon’s Dogma VS Calamari Inkantation - Splatoon - 10-10
Stage 01 - Super Ghost ‘N Goblins VS Snake Eater - Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - 3-18
GOD HAND (Eng) - GOD HAND VS Sewer Surfin’ - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time - 10-10
Legend of the Throne - Nuclear Throne VS Gong - Super Robot Wars Alpha 3 - 11-8
Real Emotion (JP) - Final Fantasy X-2 VS Open Your Heart - Sonic Adventure - 6-13

OKAY. We got round two ALMOST finished, but we had TWO ties and I want to deal with them before going to round three. So…get ready for a revote!

Vote Here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/W9FHDLH

REVOTE!!

Into Free ~Dangan~ - Dragon’s Dogma VS Calamari Inkantation - Splatoon
GOD HAND (Eng) - GOD HAND VS Sewer Surfin’ - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time

Deadline is April 27th at 7PM Central

Vote call, don’t forget to vote if you want your pick to win!