ROUND 4 PT.1 DEATH COMES RIDING ON THE MIDNIGHT TRAIN: Best Game Theme Contest

Okay, I’m extending one more day.

Come on, we’re almost there!

RESULTS

Sonic Boom - Sonic CD VS Main Theme - Valkyria Chronicles - 10-7
Solitude - Tekken 7 VS At Doom’s Gate - DOOM - 5-11
One More Soul to the Call - Silent Hill: Homecoming VS Pursuit~Cornered - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - 5-12
To Zanarkand - Final Fantasy X VS Main Theme - Chrono Trigger - 4-12

Sonic booms past anime soldier girls, Doom is the new King of Iron Fist, Phoenix Wright finds a contraction in the Silent Hill case, and FFX was robbed. No joke it was just flat out robbed.

THIS ROUND…

White Light - Tales of Zestiria VS Experiments in Confusion (Menu Theme) - Prey
Die Anywhere Else - Night in the Woods VS Friends - Sonic Mania
I Gotta Believe! (De La Soul Version) - Parappa the Rapper 2 VS Theme of Laura - Silent Hill 2
Love Theme - Mother 3 VS Main Theme - Animal Crossing

Bracket Here: https://challonge.com/jff5yzlh

Vote Here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/67RBPYL

Oh, those last two are going to be CLOSE!

Deadline is May 14th by 8PM Central

steps out of time portal, having ensured the destruction of whatever cool lizard species might have voted for FFX

Huh, thought Zanarkand would win that one for sure. Not complaining though. Surprise me again, Waypoint, keep Mother 3 on its path of besting far more popular Nintendo titles!

As a Motherboy I would love to help it’s chances…

…Animal Crossing slap tho.

better watch yourself

I mean, as far as things to watch myself for go, a giant loan that I never have any obligation to repay doesn’t rank very dangerously. If it didn’t shatter the competitive integrity of this contest I would vote for M3 a couple more times…

Honestly Mother 3 deserves the win, Animal Crossing meme cult aside. Love Theme makes me tear up even without context.

Just chiming in that Solitude should have won and I regret nominating DOOM because of this.

Also To Zanarkand is better than Wind Scene (even if Chrono Trigger is like my #2 GoaT)

fight me

Honestly Mother 3 deserves the win, Animal Crossing meme cult aside. Love Theme makes me tear up even without context.

Yeah, we need to discount the memes for this match-up. This higher quality version of Love Theme kicked me right in the feels <3

I wasn’t going to bring out the vocal version, but I’ve been bamboozled into clicking two Mother 3 SilvaGunners in one day, so we’re fighting dirty now

RESULTS

White Light - Tales of Zestiria VS Experiments in Confusion (Menu Theme) - Prey - 6-8
Die Anywhere Else - Night in the Woods VS Friends - Sonic Mania - 12-4
I Gotta Believe! (De La Soul Version) - Parappa the Rapper 2 VS Theme of Laura - Silent Hill 2 - 10-5
Love Theme - Mother 3 VS Main Theme - Animal Crossing - 8-8

Animal Crossing and Mother 3 will have a rematch because half of the voters are soulless husks who are unable to shed tears anymore. White Light proves no match for the power of confusion, Sonic died from not having friends, and Parappa defeated his inner demons manifested into a creepy pervert triangle butcher because he believed in himself so much. Moving on!

THIS ROUND…

REVOTE: Love Theme - Mother 3 VS Main Theme - Animal Crossing

Title Screen - Mega Man 2 VS Theme - Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Horse Steppin’ - Hotline Miami VS Enter the Gungeon - Enter the Gungeon
The Concept of Love - Jet Set Radio Future VS Jump Up, Super Star! - Super Mario Odyssey
Burning Hearts (Burning ANGEL) - Burning Rangers VS Where My Dogs At - Def Jam Vendetta

Bracket Here: https://challonge.com/jff5yzlh

Vote Here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/65ZNF39

Deadline is May 18th by 8PM Central

Please don’t make Tom Nook mad…

I have voted for New Leaf as a sign of good faith towards Nook and his kin. You may return this courtesy by voting for Mother 3.

EVERYBODY SAY ALRIGHT!

I have a feeling that, despite each matchup taking me like 10 seconds to decide, everything I voted for is going to lose unfortunately.

Please don’t let that happen. Please vote BURNING RANGERS!!!

The Def Jam Vendetta theme is a banger but real talk… if Burning Rangers doesn’t win that match-up a crime will have been committed.

Look, y’all… DMX has had a rough fucking couple of years, err, decade. The least we can do is to acknowledge where the dogs are at and give him the nod over burning rangers.

DMX may have had a rough decade.

But the Saturn has had it rough since launch.

Less than 48 hours left!

Last day, make your votes!