Share the Christmas music you're into this year!

We are now two weeks into what I consider the Christmas season (don’t @ me) and I decided this morning I wanted to put together a Christmas-y playlist. I’m only a few songs into it, so I don’t have anything very complete to share yet, but even as I’m just starting to sketch it out in my head, I’m very excited.

For me, the number one thing I have to have on a Christmas music playlist are the highlights from the Jackson 5 Christmas album, which definitely skews the entire playlist toward pop and R&B that fits in with those songs. I also try to force some Sufjan Stevens in there, to varying degrees of success. I love the Sufjan Christmas stuff, but it’s definitely inconsistent with a lot of other stuff I listen to.

So what are you into? Do you loop All I Want For Christmas Is You? Do you just let the radio decide? Do you spend a weird amount of time overthinking it like me? <3

I feel obliged to say at this point that Driving Home For Christmas is objectively the best Christmas song

My fave song is basically “The Christians and the Pagans” by Dar Williams just about every year. I don’t know what it is about pagan lesbians that makes me both very happy and crying at the same time.

My fave Christmas album is A Charlie Brown Christmas by the Vince Guaraldi Trio :christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree::evergreen_tree:

Along the pop theme, I have to fully endorse the Beach Boys Xmas album, and Glees first one as well.

Christmas season? I’m still celebrating Halloween!

I usually despise Christmas music, but Sufjan Stevens’ Christmas albums are absolutely incredible.

Both albums here.

Okay actually yes. One hundred percent agree.

here’s Reuben’s classic Christmas banger, 10 years old this year https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wH2umxtA_sc

Unfortunately, not on spotify, still one of my faves:

Yall have already given a bunch of good stuff I didn’t know about! Thanks!

Just rememembered I would be remiss not to share Hark! a year-round podcast that talks about two Christmas songs per episode. It is a very sweet show http://harkpodcast.tumblr.com/about

The only Christmas song I will ever care about.

I’ve listened to Bad Religion’s Christmas album every year since it came out.

my dad found out that Earth, Wind & Fire have some extremely listenable christmas albums, so they’re gonna be our go-to. hopefully they satisfy the members of the family that hate christmas music and those that insist on having The Classics on all December

There’s only one christmas song in my life and it’s this version of All I Want For Christmas Is You

I just looked up this album, and discovered there is a Christmas version of September, retitled December, and I cannot stop laughing. Thank you for this blessing.

I don’t care what anyone says, Baby It’s Cold Outside is a great song and I love it.

I also really like hymns like O Holy Night and We Three Kings and What Child Is This even though I’m atheist. They are just really nice songs.

My least favourite Christmas song is Last Christmas.

The All-Time Christmas Banger