Share you music recommendations

Yes, both Lost Themes I & II are excellent and highly recommended to anyone who is a fan of his film scores, or electronic music in general.

Almost makes up for him not directing a good film for over twenty years.

A secret wish is a synthpop hidden jem

1 Like

I’ve been trying real hard to enjoy the newest Destroyer album (which really ain’t thaaaaaaat hard to do), but every time I put it on, I keep being overcome with the urge to put on Streethawk: a Seduction instead.

Come to think of it, similar thing happens whenever I attempt to listen to the new Wolf Parade (which is also pretty okay!), so maybe I’m just too over the hill to truly hear new music by old faves? Does this happen to anyone else?

I’m always looking for punk reccs so if anyone has some please send them my way.

Perfect Pussy and Iceage have been favorites of mine recently.

I don’t know how to embed youtube videos in here, can somebody tell me by chance?

there’s actually a really great punk music thread over here: Nazi Punks Fuck Off! A Punk Music Thread

1 Like

If anyone wants some fun hip hop, with fun beats and rhymes, but none of the overused swears etc… Check out Ugly Duckling. Seen them a few times live and they have a good few fun albums. Recommend Taste the Secret and Journey to Anywhere.

:scream_cat:
Dope, thank you.

Simply paste the youtu.be url and it will automatically embed :slight_smile:

Holy shit thanks. So easy lol.

Anyway, one of my favourite rappers ever Chester Watson, but barely anyone knows him sadly. The mixtape is really long but the beats are really diverse so check out a few more than the first. He was 18 when he made this, some of the beats are made by himself as well.

Been working a ton of early morning shifts (starting anywhere from 4 - 5:30 am). 2 Mello’s Midnight Broadcasts has been the perfect soundtrack to my early morning bewilderedness:

I’ll start. Please no more than say 3 at a time, as to not overwhelm the thread… Give everyone an idea of your tastes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYXugh3nh10

Strung out, a friend turned me onto then, they put on quite the show…

1 Like

Just gonna merge this thread into our existing music rec thread so its in the right category and we don’t have cloned threads

2 Likes

They’re definitely my favourite live band - seen them about 10 times now and they just get better and better. So much passion in their show.

My tastes encompass pretty much everything except light jazz. So much I could post, but I will go with what I am rocking rn. Jessie Reyez. She is incredible. Live acoustic performance:

I am new and on mobile, so sorry if the link doesn’t work. I’ll edit as I can :slight_smile:

Discovered CAFUNE about 2 years ago, and they’ve been a staple in my library ever since. I wish they had more music :<

1 Like