Share you music recommendations

If anyone wants some fun hip hop, with fun beats and rhymes, but none of the overused swears etc… Check out Ugly Duckling. Seen them a few times live and they have a good few fun albums. Recommend Taste the Secret and Journey to Anywhere.

:scream_cat:
Dope, thank you.

Simply paste the youtu.be url and it will automatically embed :slight_smile:

Holy shit thanks. So easy lol.

Anyway, one of my favourite rappers ever Chester Watson, but barely anyone knows him sadly. The mixtape is really long but the beats are really diverse so check out a few more than the first. He was 18 when he made this, some of the beats are made by himself as well.

Been working a ton of early morning shifts (starting anywhere from 4 - 5:30 am). 2 Mello’s Midnight Broadcasts has been the perfect soundtrack to my early morning bewilderedness:

I’ll start. Please no more than say 3 at a time, as to not overwhelm the thread… Give everyone an idea of your tastes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYXugh3nh10

Strung out, a friend turned me onto then, they put on quite the show…

Just gonna merge this thread into our existing music rec thread so its in the right category and we don’t have cloned threads

They’re definitely my favourite live band - seen them about 10 times now and they just get better and better. So much passion in their show.

My tastes encompass pretty much everything except light jazz. So much I could post, but I will go with what I am rocking rn. Jessie Reyez. She is incredible. Live acoustic performance:

I am new and on mobile, so sorry if the link doesn’t work. I’ll edit as I can :slight_smile:

Discovered CAFUNE about 2 years ago, and they’ve been a staple in my library ever since. I wish they had more music :<

most magical ~40 min of live music you’ll ever hear

I’ve been blasting this the last week. Damn good.

Lots of music to look through here.

I will recommend my favorite couple bands: Murder by Death, Conor Oberst (of Bright Eyes), The Dear Hunter, Mirah, and Coheed and Cambria. Once I figure out how to post YouTube videos I’ll link a couple songs.

If you at the very least don’t listen to my muse Sevdaliza

You’re literally Hitler to me.

I’ve been a fan of mainly progressive type music (rock/metal) and if you don’t mind the music being a little bit heavier, you can’t go wrong with Between The Buried and Me.

Their latest album is also more approachable -

If you like it should obviously check out their earlier albums, but they’re a bit more extreme.

Also, hell yeah @Lulzwagon and @Mathieran for Wilhelm and Dear Hunter :wink:

For anyone interested in Indian music…here is one of my favorite songs of the past year or two: