So...the Ion Fury devs are extremely transphobic

Y
I
K
E
S

(CW: An utterly ridiculous amount of transphobia)

So.

The legacy of Duke Nukem is going to be awful forever, huh. We have Blood and…yeah that’s the only thing related to the legacy of the Build engine that isn’t aggressively gross.

For those out of the loop, Ion Fury is the first Build engine game in a very long time, a sort of spiritual spin-off of the Duke Nukem series. I was excited to try it because it has some impressive style and I’m on an old FPS jones after finally trying DOOM, but now I never want to see this game ever again.

Long story short, several of the devs run a discord server that’s basically bitching about “SJWs” and saying horrifically terrible things about trans people and women.

Story even shorter:

… wish I would have known this before I gave them my money for early access all those months ago. :expressionless:

FYI some people seem to be getting it successfully refunded even if they have a few hours of game time on it, worth trying.

3 Likes

it got worse

Their using their official twitter to try and downplay this and THE SHEER LACK OF SELF-AWARENESS

YIIIIIIIIIIIIIKES

aaa aaaa aaaaa

Current mood: This image and this song mixed together

I’M SORRY FOR DOUBLE POSTING BUT THEY TRIED TO DEFEND THEMSELVES BY POSTING FULL CONTEXT

AND THEY JUST

POSTED THE SAME SCREENCAP

BUT LESS

I’M NOT JOKING

THIS HAS OFFICIALLY BECOME THE FUNNIEST THING THAT HAS HAPPENED ALL YEAR

THEY FOLLOW ALT-RIGHT ACCOUNTS ON THEIR FUCKING BUSINESS TWITTER ACCOUNT HOLY SHIT AHFRGFRHFRBYIVGFRYIFRIDEJ8I248HFUUOQF794 WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY

BOY DO WE EVER LIVE IN A SOCIETY

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURE

aaaaaa aaaaaaa

1 Like

Well, there goes what interest I had in Ion Maiden Fury.

LAST POST FOR THE NIGHT

HOW ARE THESE PEOPLE REAL

HOW ARE YOU REAL

AAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAA

After talking it over, we don’t feel the premise of this thread or the direction it appears to be going in provides a sufficient basis for healthy, good faith discussion that is in line with our code of conduct, so we’ve decided to lock it.

While it is valuable to share information on bad actors in games media, the way this thread was framed didn’t provide a platform for discussion beyond affirming the information, or debating that point - which is inappropriate and violates our Code of Conduct. Such threads frequently become a lure for trolls.

Additionally, the thread started to be updated with images of responses from the developers themselves, which violates our Code of Conduct specifically Rule 11: " Don’t share bad takes."

For these reasons among others, while threads like this might be welcome on other forums (like Reset Era, where this information came from), we have determined that such threads do not belong here.

- Waypoint Mods

08/18/2019: Edited to provide additional clarity for reasoning.

6 Likes