Soccer/Football/Futbol Fans

Fox had J-League review show years ago which I loved, but I haven’t been able to keep up since. Seems like really exciting games though

By all accounts Keita is fantastic, but for the fees being rumoured, I really hope LFC have enough left in the bank to get the CB and LB that are more desperately needed, in my opinion. There’s going to be heavy competition for spots in midfield if we sign Keita, especially with Coutinho expected to play more centrally. Again, Keita looks amazing, but Lallana, Gini and Couts are all great as well, whereas our defence remains leaky.

That’s fair. I think he’d be an upgrade over Lallana and Gini, and probably Couts too, but you’re right that defensive improvement has much more value for you. Still, I’d kill to have Keita in my team.

Keita is a generational talent, IMO. He’s a very different player from Coutinho. A better comp is that his ceiling is Stevie G with a little less power and a little more maneuverability in tight spaces and that makes my eyes go wide.

I think Mousa Dembele could be a pretty good comp in terms of play style. Strong, good dribbler, who can be super direct and excels at breaking other teams presses/counterpresses.

True, and Keita also excels at harrying and winning the ball from behind the run of play (similar to Lallana but with NoS cannisters on his boots)

I’ve definitely heard that he has sky-high potential and, certainly, I didn’t mean to compare him to the current crop. I’d gladly have him in the squad! I was just so hyped for the prospect of VvD, before that whole thing blew up

I’ve only seen highlights and part of a Urawa Red Diamonds game. Really do wanna catch some more.

I love the highlights from J-league so much.
(Urawa side note: they had to play to an empty stadium a few years ago to punish racist supporters )
also my team won Saturday and retains the top spot! this is their first year back in J1 after a while in the 2nd league too!

Welp, I’m not gunna be supporting them anytime soon. I’ll try to do some research and see which games I can catch.

I think I BARELY meet the requirements for being a Sporting Kansas City fan (3 goals in overtime tonight though ayy what’s up), because my knowledge of soccer is basic at best, but I do enjoy watching and I wanna learn more about it so I have a better understanding of what’s going on under the hood during a match

Ask away with any questions or recommendations! Happy to have a new fan. You’re in good hands with SKC, good team and good people.

Good luck in the net round of the Open Cup! It’s a really cool competition that should get more attention.

DCU goes up 3-0 in Seattle, loses 4-3. This team is garbage but there’s really not much they can do until/unless the FO feels like spending money. For all the cries from the fanbase about sacking Ben Olsen, who would you replace him with? Not even Pep Guardiola could salvage this team as it is constructed right now.

Just found this nice resource for getting J-League. I’m kinda tempted to try out one of the monthly subscriptions.

We made it everyone. EPL season starting this weekend!!!

EPL Predictions :

1. Tottenham
  2. Chelsea
  3. City
  4. Arsenal
  5. United
  6. Liverpool
  7. Southampton
  8. Newcastle
  9. Everton
  10. West Ham
  11. Watford
  12. Leicester
  13. Bournemouth
  14. Burnley
  15. Crystal Palace
  16. Stoke
  17. Huddersfield
  18. Swansea
  19. West Brom
  20. Brighton

I started writing this as a joke and I was just going to keep the top four and Watford in the 5-20 spots but I actually feel OK about this. I think United might could break the top four but I feel like Jose’s magic has finally run its course.

Though, now that I’ve said that, they’ll probably go undefeated.

I’m not as high on Arsenal as you, but otherwise agree with a lot of this. Like the Tottenham prediction a lot, barring /knock on wood/ injuries to any of their core. I like their first 14 or so players, but it drops off quickly after that…

I like Rafa, but that seems a tad ambitious.

That’s my Cinderella pick.

I’m not really, I just like Arsenal more than Man U.