Solar Ash Kingdom, a new game from the developers of Hyper Light Drifter

This just came in earlier today, with a brief reveal trailer and some comments from Alx Preston (the director), and is making me tremendously excited. Hyper Light Drifter is on my short list of favorite games, and I’m super interested in a follow up (but not sequel) that holds onto its particular visual style and ethos while translating its systems into a 3D space.

More stuff also:

Yooooo.

I hope they continue their 2 1 2 syllable game names, they’re working.

It’s certainly very pretty and sounds good. I just hope it’s a little more… hrmm… I found I really wrestled with Hyper Light Drifter, especially early on before a few character upgrades. So I hope this new game is better about that.

I was pretty so so on hyper light drifter when i played it last summer, but the art style was one of the positives, and a transition to 3D might be a big upgrade for the style of game they are trying to do. So i’m ingtruiged, looking foward to see what comes of this

I’m 100% in already
(put it on switch)

Looks like it (hopefully) will be:

@terranova I’m wondering if the combat system in 3D will just feel more Souls-like, since that (along with Zelda) was a pretty clear influence on HLD. I liked HLD’s simplicity, but something that has more systems or more interesting movement could be really strong. And those could definitely benefit from a 3D environment.

Not only will I buy it on day of release but I will also buy the soundtrack. The OST of Hyper Light Drifter is probably my favorite video game music of all time. The extended version of “Panacea” is /chef’s kiss