Something About Pro Wrestling!

Daniel Bryan’s drop kicks were nuts. I was worried he was landing on his head after each one.

Daniel Bryan became the most over face in the company in about 3 minutes, when WWE has been trying to work Roman into that role for how long now? Three years plus? Snark aside, what a great couple of segments. You’d think a Shane/Bryan team up would be automatic at this point - there’s no way the company can leave him off the Mania card.

You are probably right, and i guess he makes a big appearance at the giant 50 man royal rumble event in dubai

For shits & giggles I want Bryan to just keep wrestling in his GM attire for a while.

He looks like a really cool Brit Lit teacher in that get-up.

Am I the only one who was utterly shocked at how good Bryan’s german suplex looks? Like, I had completely forgotten how good his suplexes were and then he just snaps the most picture perfect german on Owens in the blink of an eye.

I think I’m in the same boat. I don’t even watch anything WWE – I just follow news I see on Cultaholic and WhatCulture – but between Bryan returning, Asuka apparently continuing to be awesome, and Styles v. Nakamura, I think I just might cave and get a WWE Network sub (at least for Mania).

Christ! Did anyone catch NXT? That Ciampa segment was gold, perfect wrestling in my eyes

Me: I hope Bryan eases himself back in. Nothing too over the top and nothing remotely risky.

Bryan: Massive drop kicks, Helluva kick to the face and a powerbomb on the apron.

Goddammit Daniel!!

Got back from Strong Style Evolved last night. Such a gooood show. The Golden Lovers and Young Bucks match was so good. It didn’t click with me initially, but I started to get the drama. By the end, I legit felt very sad about The Elite further breaking apart.

Hey. Hi. So, after a year of watching wrestling, I finally caved and got a WWE Network sub for Mania. In the mean time I’m going to be checking out all of the matches I’ve been wanting to see for a while, and would love some recommendations anyone might have for someone who has never watched anything put out by the promotion!

So far I’ve only watched Bayley v. Sasha at Takeover: Brooklyn (pretty dang awesome!), and currently have the recent Gargano v. Almas up next, as well as CM Punk v. Cena at Money in the Bank 2011. I definitely want to watch some Daniel Bryan/Asuka/Kairi Sane/Neville matches, but I’m open to anything y’all think is worth checking out. Thanks!

Welcome to the wrestling! Sorry for all the bad stuff, there’s some good stuff lying around as well, I promise.

With regards to the best in ring stuff from WWE I think you should definitely go back check out The NXT 4-way between Neville, Sami, Tyson Kidd and Tyler Breeze and after that the Neville vs Sami match from Takeover R-evolution. After that, basically check out anything between Sami and Kevin Owens, both from NXT and the Main Roster. Their matches at Payback and Battleground in particular are friggin’ spectacular.

OH! Also, check out the entire cruiserweight classic from 2016, it was an amazing tournament with great stories and matches, and some truly heartwarming moments sprinkled in there.

Seconding the CWC. My favorites from recent times are probably the Sasha Banks vs Becky Lynch match from Takeover: Unstoppable, and the John Cena vs AJ Styles feud (Summerslam 2016 and Royal Rumble 2017). Almost any NXT Takeover has some great stuff on it, especially the tag team matches involving the Revival, American Alpha, DIY and Authors of Pain from the 2016-17 time frame.

Yeah, any match with the revival against either DIY or American Alpha is certified fireemoji.jpeg, maybe outside of the 3-way with AOP and DIY which on re-watch I found was merely very very good.

Also worth mentioning is the non-wrestling programming. Some of it is trash in my opinion but a lot is interesting though they don’t do as much anymore. The 24 documentaries, the Ride Alongs I find to be charming, Breaking Ground I thought was great. Don’t overlook that stuff because I find it often makes the talent more relatable than the actual week to week programming. Just be warned that anything involving history is probably riddled with lies but they can still be entertaining.

Just on NXT stuff:

• Bayley vs Sasha 2 (the Iron Woman match at Takeover Respect) is almost as good as the first Brooklyn one
  • Sami Zayn vs Nakamura (Takeover Dallas)
  • Asuka vs Bayley (Dallas)
  • Revival vs DIY (Takeover Brooklyn 2). Anything with either team is fantastic but this one in particular is probably the best tag match WWE has ever aired.
  • Aleister Black vs Andrade Almas (Takeover Orlando)
  • Asuka vs Ember Moon (Orlando).

Also check out the Mae Young Classic to see Kairi Sane elbow drop people in half.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! I’ll be watching the CWC for sure, and probably spend the entire upcoming week watching NXT matches since it seems that’s where all the good stuff is.

i got tix to go see a revpro show in may

its my first live show and i havent like actually fully processed that i will see zack sabre jr and minoru suzuki in person, like, with my actual eyeballs

help

Whatever you do, don’t make eye contact with MiSu and if by chance you do make eye contact, don’t struggle because it only makes him meaner.

One of my favourite anime youtube bois put out this video today and oh boy I need to watch NJPW. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQCPj-bGYro

It’s nice to have the reasons why I got back into WWE last year put into words, because I sort of just fell into it and I’ve been struggling to come up with an explanation as to why I find it so compelling.