[Spoilers] Star Wars Clone Wars Season 7 Discussion

Awww yeah, Clone Wars is BACK baby.

First Trailer:

New Trailer:

I am pretty hype for this. I like that it seems to be alluding to the idea that both Maul and Ahsoka either KNOW the Jedi purge is coming, or can sense it. The overlap between Revenge dialogue like, “I sense a plot to destroy the Jedi.” And Clone Wars makes me think we’re going to see Ahsoka’s POV of the collapse.

There’s a nice little nod to Caleb Dume, who is Kanan Jarus, in the new trailer as well! And oh my GOD the music in this trailer gave me goosebumbs.

2 Likes

Yooo that new trailer got me more hype for this season than I ever thought I would be. I’m still not fully convinced a new season was necessary though. Clone Wars already seemed to overstay it’s welcome with a lot of filler, and “The Lost Missions” felt like a pretty good conclusion to the series IMO. However, I’m open to being proven wrong by this new season, so I guess we’ll see in February!

1 Like

I’m wondering if Ahsoka’s adventures on 1313 will be any good, but I have a good feeling about Bad Batch and the Siege of Mandalore.

1 Like

fuck yeah, Star Wars is good again baybeeeeee

1 Like

All hail Filoni!

1 Like

Still waiting for Disney+ over here in the UK, will all the other Clone Wars stuff be on it?

1 Like

All of clone wars is on plus in america. I’m not sure about what deals Disney has in the UK though.
I disagree entirely about filler. But I’m an outlier in internet spaces when it comes to television. I think most of the concept of filler is bullshit. Especially with 20 minute weekly episodes of tv.

2 Likes

I watched the old Clone Wars and I somehow got to thinking how due to the technical difficulties of animating cloth in 3D, the current Clone Wars says, canonically, that Ventress only wears pants. Which may sound irrelevant but remember that she shows up in the Tartakovsky series in this amazing outfit:

I’m excited for the new season! But it’s been a while so I feel like I need a refresher. Google gives me a bunch of “key episodes” list but I’m not sure which to go with. If I’m going to commit to 20 hours of rewatching something, i want it to be the right rabbit hole! Does anyone have a go-to list for catching up with key moments and story arcs so far?

I don’t know how good it is but Disney+ has its own list of 20 essential episodes on its front page.

1 Like

Oh! Thank you! I hadn’t even looked there, but that seems like a good one to try. Will check it out.

i think this Kotaku list is mostly pretty good except i’d add the following:

• Season 1 episode 11 “Dooku Captured” - first appearance of the man, the myth, the legend Hondo Ohnaka, when he captures Dooku and tries to ransom him to the Republic.
  • Season 2 episode 17 “Bounty Hunters” - Obi-Wan, Anakin and Ahsoka do Seven Samurai with the help of some cool bounty hunters and its great, plus it features my man Hondo Ohnaka.
  • Season 3 episode 6 “The Academy” - Ahsoka goes to teach some Mandalorian kids about the concept of government corruption. A couple things from this are very important for the Mandalore storylines so no idea why they left it off the list.
  • Season 4 episodes 6-9, “The Gathering”, “A Test of Strength”, “Bound for Rescue” and “A Necessary Bond” - Ahsoka leads a group of young Jedi on a ritual to build their lightsabers. These ones aren’t really important but are fun, contain Hondo, and have some good character moments for Ahsoka.

i’d probably also skip the Heroes on Both Sides/Pursuit of Peace episodes (season 3 episodes 10-11) because they’re kinda boring, and the Ziro the Hutt episodes because they’re not really important and are aired in a truly baffling order (the one in season 3 is a direct sequel to the one in season 1 despite dozens of episodes in between them, plus there’s another one later in season 3 which is set in between them). Maybe watch them if you really like Cad Bane but they’re not that important otherwise.
This list also is not harsh enough on the Mortis episodes (Season 3 episodes 15-17) which are truly among the worst things in the franchise, very sincerely do not watch those episodes.

2 Likes

This is great, thanks! This format — more of a syllabus than a straight-up list — is right up my alley.

So uh, the finale is out. The final arc overall is pretty much a movie, and it’s easily one of the best Star Wars movies. Just, holy shit.

5 Likes

I’m hype.

I’ve only seen the first episode, but I’m waiting for a rainy day to binge watch it all.

I just watched the last 2 episodes, I’m completely floored. The way they let certain scenes just linger and breathe with solemn music in the background… And there are some kriffing shots in there that I’ll have to scrub through for wallpaper material later.

Between this and the highs of The Mandalorian I don’t even give a flying Mynock about RoS anymore. Star Wars is great, actually.

I’m so excited to have a viewing party for the final arc of Clone Wars with some friends when we can see each other again, haha. Any excuse to rewatch those 4 episodes.

1 Like

Finally got around to reupping Disney+ and watching the last season. Forget everything else, in episode 5 there’s a song in the background that’s impressively good fake Joy Division. Good to know new wave exists in Star Wars.

Also, Latin coded criminals? Really Disney, gonna give us that twice?

1 Like

I love trace and rafa. I love them dearly. I want books and books of trace and rafa adventures.

2 Likes

Ugh, same. I wanna know if Rafa is using that laundromat the right way, as a means to launder money through a cash based business.

At the same time, I’m still miffed they tried to convince me that Poe Dameron is not gay and did crime.