Sports! - The Bears are Scheming

Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://shows.acast.com/vicegamingsnewpodcast/episodes/sports-the-bears-are-scheming

Patrick talking about trading Justin Fields is one of the most wild things I’ve ever heard. If that were to happen, I think a Bears fan would have full justification to follow Fields to his next team. It takes teams decades to find a player with half the potential with Fields, even as a brief mirage.

1 Like

Yeah, if you have a quarterback that flashes like he has, you don’t trade him for a lottery ticket. He’s not a sure thing but he’s shown that he can at least hang, and everyone in the Bears locker room seems to love him too. It’s not like there’s another Trevor Lawrence in this year’s draft (and even then, I’d be hesitant) — Bryce Young is a good prospect, but the hit-rate for even the best quarterback prospects is 50/50, and there are quite a few reasonable arguments for why he could bust. Use the first pick to get one of the couple generational defensive talents that are in this draft or trade back for a wealth of riches to shore up your barren roster.

1 Like