Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: EVERYONE IS HERE

Hey that’s perfectly fine. Also just a heads up we occasionally do some Waypoint only battle arenas, if you want to play some online with a nice group of people :slightly_smiling_face: I’m thinking of setting up one sometime next week

Hey y’all. If anyone is interested in checking out competitive Smash and hasn’t seen much of it up til now, this weekend is Genesis 6, which is going to be one of the biggest Smash tournaments in the world. Ultimate has over 2000 entrants, and it’s going to be an amazing spectacle. Many high level Melee players will be competing in an Ultimate tournament for the first time, like Armada and Plup. It’ll also be a great opportunity to see how different regions stack up to each other, since top players from Japan, Europe, and elsewhere will be flying in. I’m really interested to see how their regions’ best players like Zackray, Shuton, and Gluttony will stack up against the home crowd. Tweek, Nairo and MKLeo are the top 3 seeds in this tournament, though Nairo has yet to win a tournament, having claimed 2nd place several times.

Here’s the schedule so you know where and when to watch (times in PST): https://twitter.com/Genesis_Smash/status/1090027678462205952

For those of you who have registered your copy of Smash Ultimate, Piranha Plant is now available to play! Just tried 'em out, and I gotta say…I’m a be-leaf-er!

Nintendo also did a much better job this time of detailing all the balance changes to characters in their patch notes!

Here’s the detailed patch notes for character changes: https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/43317

There are also other more general changes, like the addition of 4-player spirit board fights, pressing two jump buttons at the same time to short hop, the addition of previously exclusive spirits like the Let’s Go Pikachu/Eevee and the limited time Mario spirits from that event.

Quick warning of the current save-corrupting bug with PP.

I’m hoping it’s just “growing” pains :wink:
Seriously though thanks for the heads up, that’s terrifying.

Oh dear. I beat Classic Mode with PP last night. Hopefully I’ll be okay.

Edit: I misread the post, it is all-star mode. I haven’t played that mode yet so I guess I’m safe.

To celebrate by Mum’s birthday, I held an Amiibo tournament in her honor. The winner will be joining us as we go out for a Chinese Buffet tonight. Who won, you may ask? Find out in this twitter moment of: