Sy-Fy's Creepy Pasta TV Series Is A Fresh, Terrifying Take on Grief

It’s not often that I have the opportunity to marathon games or TV series, these days, but on a recent, grim late-fall weekend, I marathoned all six episodes of Channel Zero’s Second season, No End House. Channel Zero is a smart Sy-Fy produced anthology horror series, of which the first season had a lot of promise (and truly creepy imagery), but it all fell apart a bit in the end.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/mb3ygp/sy-fy-creepy-pasta-tv-series-no-end-house

I absolutely love this show. By limiting themselves to 6 episodes, they’ve created the show that I always wanted American Horror Story to be. Weird art house horror is one of my favorite subgenres, and they find ways to wrap that weirdness around such complex emotional cores. It’s cool that they find popular Creepypastas then just use the basic idea to do something completely different and wholly unique.

Even though the pacing is a bit slow, it really gives you time to just simmer in the craziness in ways most modern horror movies don’t have the patience to do. I thought this season was incredibly successful at exploring very relateable feelings in such a surreal manner.

With it only being 6 episodes, that allows them to turn it around faster as well; the next season (titled “The Butcher’s Block”) is starting up Early 2018 and I can’t wait to see what it is.

I was really worried for a moment there that they had put out an actual series called Creepy Pasta.

I’ll have to check some of these out, trying to get a list of things to marathon over the break.

Sounds very good, if i can find a way to watch it I will.

The first episode of both seasons are complete opposites in my mind. Where Season 1’s first episode turned me off to the rest of the season by not really delivering on its creepy premise, Season 2 hooked me immediately with the scenes in the house.

I have my misgivings about the last 3 episodes or so, as I don’t think it was as strong as the episodes leading into it. But, overall, I really did like it and becoming a big fan of these short season series.