Tactical Tuesdays (XCOM) Thread: Rob & Austin Save The Earth ... Hopefully

That was the most on-brand Tactical Tuesday moment we’ve ever had.

Pretty good job avoiding that big steppy altogether. Is Alexei’s hack skill off the charts or was that 100% Distraction a fluke?

So, my hot take this week is that austin was dead wrong when he started worrying about bringing 2 frost bombs instead of 2 grenades on thumper. Action economy is so important in turn based games and frost bomb is way more useful at a 2 of then some okay damage and cover destruction.

God, the timing is… perfect…

Yo new review builds went up which means there could be a new expansion/dlc announcement in the near future. This has been fairly consistent with the rest of the content released for XCOM2.

I’m so happy tactical Tuesdays are back, even though I usually don’t watch it until I’m drinking coffee on Saturday morning I made an exception for this one and watched it as soon as I saw it was available.

My office clamped down on its streaming media policy, so I haven’t been able to watch this latest episode yet (tonight, fingers crossed). It’s entirely possible that Tactical Tuesday is my favorite TV show?

Don’t think it’s that hot of a take. Can’t think of a scenario in which I’d rather have grenades than frost bombs. Once you get to the stage that the crew is at DPS is not a huge concern, and as you said, being able to reduce the number of turns for enemies is way too good.

(note that the number of turns reduced depends on the enemy though; don’t use it on a sectopod because it only reduces 1 action iirc and it will still be able to move the next turn, as I found out the hard way)

Apologize in advance cause this has nothing to do with waypoint, but need to vent about the ad situation on Twitch getting out of control since I updated the app. Recordings of your streams are being interrupted not just at the beginning but at random intervals, usually the same ad over and over again. I hope waypoint is getting some kind of reimbursement for this like it says and it trickles down to the actual streamers. Anyway it’s getting ridiculous and i’ll probably just wait for the streams to end up on youtube for now.

Just a heads-up in case anyone here only really follows this particular stream—they decided not to stream XCOM today to continue the Prime Day boycott (since Prime Day is still ongoing). Austin’s statement is over in this thread: Amazon Prime Day Strike