Tactical Tuesdays (XCOM) Thread: Rob & Austin Save The Earth ... Hopefully

For everyone who wants to see our good boy Mort again

23 Likes

i also miss our boy Mort. also, it looks like XCOM2 and War of the Chosen are on sale right now. it isnt quite same, but it’s something

3 Likes

Definitely play XCOM 2: War of the Chosen if you have a chance

I’m not nearly as good at using my imagination to fill in stories as Rob and Austin, but I still managed to beat the game and have a ton of memorable crew members and stories along the way.

Nonetheless, here’s to a real one
Screenshot_20190421-093554~3
I miss this sweet friend

7 Likes

Hey, remember how Kong AKA Knuckles had a gun called “Sonic&”?

3 Likes

There’s a very nice Twitch streamer called Jorbs who has recently started a new Long War 1 campaign. It’s a different, but still cosy fun vibe if you miss XCOM streams.

I don’t think I can ever forget that.

1 Like

I miss this series and all the video series the crew used to do. I had so much fun watching, learning, and laughing at all their videos. I’ve found myself trying to find Let’s Plays that mirror what the Waypoint crew puts out, but have had very few results.

I’d be lying if I wasn’t hopeful when Austin said he was taking a step back from Waypoint that it meant he could stream more and I’d get that Waypoint shaped hole in my heart filled. I know he already has a bunch on his plate though so I know this is just wishful thinking. Again I just miss that special “secret ingredient” that the Waypoint crew brought to their videos.

5 Likes

It wasn’t a secret. It was COMBAT GENIUS.

7 Likes

I started watching these from the beginning again, and it’s wild to see both Knuckles and Gravedigger in that first mission.

Also here’s hoping for an XCOM 2 Tactical Tuesdays block in Sav3point.

E: Just looking at this list is sending me back

9 Likes

I have not yet watched it, but Rob and Austin did a sleepless early-morning TT stream during Savepoint today — here’s the vod: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/745812287. The XCOM section starts at around 20 hours, 9 minutes.

11 Likes

I can not believe I missed this live :sob:

3 Likes

It was supposed to be at a much more reasonable time for most people fwiw, but Austin didn’t have XCOM 2 installed when it was supposed to come up during Save Point. I don’t blame him considering the game is like 80 fucking gigs

10 Likes

Missed it live, but knew if I came to this thread someone would have it. Thanks!

1 Like

yooooooooooooooo

14 Likes

the ad that played when I opened Twitch was playing Queen’s Don’t Stop Me Now and never has an ad been more appropriate to my feelings in the moment

10 Likes

I jumped up out of my chair and felt like my eyes popped out of my head when I read that tweet from Austin! I’m so excited to see this return. I stopped by the stream for just a bit, but unfortunately my internet isn’t good enough to watch it. Hopefully these will be uploaded to Youtube quickly. I remember them being pretty good about uploading them within the week, but it’s been awhile. One part I was able to hear through all the buffering is that TikTok had become a thing since they last picked up this save!! I did not realize it had been so long.

Since it has been so long does anyone know if there is a “recap” video or something to help refresh me on what happened? If not I might just have to rewatch the past videos./

3 Likes

Goddamn I switched The Shield off for this that’s how you know I’m pumped.

3 Likes

“Designated Mort Rifle”

7 Likes

Mort! Mort! Mort!

9 Likes

So thrilled to see this coming back. I’d fallen off partway through, but am catching up now. My favorite game? And my fav people in games?? Like a warm blanket right now after a long day of work. Cheers Waypoint crew!

2 Likes