Tactical Tuesdays (XCOM) Thread: Rob & Austin Save The Earth ... Hopefully

bloop

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/235851232

Mort walks into the officers’ lounge, loudly biting into an apple.

The Combat Genius of Thugonomics himself

This is my 100% my Mort “Doom” Degrir headcanon.

I just remembered about the medkit making you immune to poison again. I constantly forget that happens, because why on Earth would you assume that holding a medkit made you immune to poison.

“Guy’s it’s okay, I can’t bleed because I have this box of band-aids in my hands”

Mort is my beautiful alien friend and I would die for him in an instant.

I first saw this on Keith Carberry’s twitter because he was quoting it to say something like “no everyone this is not me (…but I can see why you might think that, this is an extremely me bit)”

So now in my head Mort is a Keith character. Thank you(?).

Please get Keith on to roleplay Mort so he can suggest wacky untenable plans just like on Friends at the Table.

Keith "I think I can make this 12% shot to hit the explosive barrels.
Austin "Really? Really?"
Keith “I don’t know if you’ve heard but I have a genius level combat intelligence.”

This is the worst idea and I LOVE IT. It needs to happen. Austin and Rob do their usual thing, but Keith getting free reign on Mort. It’ll be a beautiful disaster.

boop

his nickname on the roster should be “It’s me Mort (Doom)”

Oh awesome, I didn’t realise waypoint was doing xcom 2, I’ve been watching Giantbomb play xcom it’s so rad.

mort

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/238337133

People who leave the timestamps of when these vods actually start in the chat are the best people.

We lost the most important thing of all this week: Fashion.

There has to be a mod out there that allows you to still use base looks while having Predator armor, right?

Eh, I get why Austin and Rob hated it, but I honestly thought Valravn looked pretty good in shiny black with silvery white highlights.

(Also, I freakin’ love that everyone gets metal belly shirts in the alternate Predator gear. It’s such a look.)

archie is just so much, i want him on every mission

Yeah, I also thought it was awesome. Second Form Valravn.

The only way it could be better is if you could get the predator armor’s patterns on a silk shirt.

Which, no, I couldn’t find a mod for that.

As much as I’ve enjoyed the Sea of Thieves coverage, I’m still a bit bummed we didn’t get an X-Com or a Stellaris stream this week.

Yeah, I know they gotta strike that coverage iron while it’s hot, but I still miss em.

This was less about games coming out this week and more about where my headspace has been. I haven’t been sleeping great and those streams require me to be in a really specific space. Would’ve been a disaster, honestly.