This isn’t part of the Waypoint mod team End of Year event, but I was chatting it over with a friend and got to thinking: listicles are popular at the end of the year. Whether it’s your top five games, the best albums, or the articles you’ve found most interesting, my timeline has been full of these lists. Even those of us who aren’t mining that seasonal #content feel the itch to put some together.
With that in mind, I thought I’d open up a freeform space for us all to do a little bit of our own listicle action.
I don’t want to make us all beholden to style guides, topics, or even necessarily certain conventions. I want to give you the space for your favourite five, the classic top ten, or the podium-finish three – and I don’t just want to hear about games (although, somehow, I imagine we’ll have a lot of games in this list) – anything goes! It can be your preferred representations of food in games, NPCs, or albums – maybe you will find inspiration for our End of Year 2018 threads too.
To stir the pot a little (and to justify this title), I am going to use this list as an opportunity to make a grand old list – a List of Lists. Consequently, I’m going to need some help from you – if you want to be featured in this opening post, make sure the following two things are clearly stated:
- List Title
That’s it! That’ll just help me get it all together for the list of lists. I’ve included some model formatting below for folks who might have some trouble with the default listing tool.
We’ve noticed some oddities in how Discourse has been formatting lists lately. To get around this, I would recommend using the below template for your lists:
---- `5)` `4)` `3)` `2)` `1)`
The List of Lists
- @Forrest – Games I want to play more of/have not played yet but really want to from 2018
- @just_benj – Favorite short, single-sitting games // Questionable, potentially controversial, potentially trash content that I found myself actually kinda enjoying
- @Lamprey – 3 Good Games That I Obtained In 2018 That I Probably Won’t Finish Until Late 2019 Or Later Not Because I Don’t Like Playing Them Or Anything My Focus Is Just That Bad
- @Lastly – Top 3 Point ‘n’ Click Games I Played This Year That Had Disappointing Sequels (That I Also Played This Year) // Top 4 Pieces of Media That Aren’t Video Games or Anime That I Consumed This Year
- @M_o – Favorite NPCs
- @M_o – Top Liverpool Players of 2018
- @Navster – Best Things My Wife Has Said While Playing Pokémon Let’s Go Eevee
- @notanimal – Top 5 Games That Rehabilitated My Love for Games after God of War Almost Killed It Forever
- @robowitch – Top 5 Films That Robowitch Saw In 2018
- @TheCastleBuilder – The Best Not-Quite-Metroidvanias (Despipte Being Declared Metroidvanias) of 2018
- @trty0 – Top Five Times I Wondered Just How Fucking Long Red Dead Redemption 2 Is
- @vehemently – top 5 dogs