The 2018 Waypoint Community List of Lists

I just need to say that the first Heat Signature character I ever rolled was named “Lady Love”

Then may I interest you in the newest DLC they released for free if you own wotc that let’s you create a squad then play a scenario mission with them?

Short and straight to the stuff you like and you aren’t locked into a 30 hour campaign.

Highly recommend grabbing Skirmish+ as well

oh yeah i did get that! it looks fun i just haven’t gotten around to playing it yet (well, i tried, but then i realized that it had been months since i had played xcom and had forgotten how to do absolutely anything in it lol)

i’ll definitely keep that mod in mind, thank you!

Favorite Non-2018 games (I played in 2018)

1. Solitarica

I’ve spent too many hours on this game. It’s the closest I’ve gotten to feeling addicted to a video game in a long time. I don’t mean thinking about it when I’m not playing it, I mean nearly unable to pull myself away from. It’s such the perfect Timeout game, and I really didn’t start with it until the later part of the year. The combination of slay the spire like progression and solitaire has me at it’s mercy. It’s so good.

2. Beeswing

Really adored this game. The music fits the art so well. Was a delight to explore.

3. Divinity: Original Sin 2

Played this with three friends and it was fantastic. Each of us took a story character and took turns picking out quests to do together. Sometimes one player would wander into a situation where they had to fight and the rest of us would rush to the rescue. The battle system is immaculate. One of the best turn-based rpg combat systems hands down. The enemies and encounters were really varied and a blast to figure out.

4. System Crash

I don’t even remember where I heard about this, but it scratches a very specific itch of a cyberpunk single-player CCG. It’s really a game I was taken completely by surprise and glad I tried.

Top 15 2018 Games I Want to Play in 2019

1. Heaven will be Mine
  2. Wandersong
  3. Vampyr
  4. Ni no Kuni II
  5. Frostpunk
  6. Secret Little Haven
  7. The Pizza Delivery Boy Who Saved the World!
  8. The Banner Saga 3
  9. Fortune-499
  10. Cultist Simulator
  11. Dust and Salt
  12. Attentat 1942
  13. Deltarune
  14. Life is Strange 2
  15. Valkyria Chronicles 4