The best animal?

I’m just here to say I love all these dinobirds

2 Likes

bringing this thread back to show some love to the tree-kangaroo, the kangaroo of the trees

download

Goodfellow's_tree-kangaroo_at_Currumbin_Wildlife_Sancturary,_Queensland,_Australia

Look at that tail! Wow!

2 Likes
2 Likes

(Have I seriously not posted in this thread?)

Anyway, corvids.

Ignore all the other jays. All other blue birds are nothing compared to the honorless thieves that are the western scrub jays.

(Source [turns out the VA for Mirage and Sonic is an avid birder])

Still on corvids: Look at the majestic colors of the Eurasian magpie. Look at this bird that can recognize itself in a mirror.

Off corvids.

Who doesn’t like cheetahs?

They’re adorable.

4 Likes

He bigg

4 Likes

I vote for Platypuses. I had no idea that they could actually kill with a poison claws

74a6c06e-52c3-4cbe-9d07-686d6d13576e

1 Like

I’m a big fan of snow leopards.

3 Likes

oh yay this thread is back i can post more good animals!

I recently started following a bear pictures bot account on twitter and you know what animal rules? bears. Im a fan of the sloth bear, personally

but all bears are good

3 Likes

Sharks are cool af. All sharks. But especially thresher sharks. Play Abzu.

I love Greenland sharks, the texture of their skin makes it look as if they fell from the side of a mountain

3 Likes

I feel bad for them because they get copepod parasites in their eyes (you can see one there in your picture) and usually go blind shortly into their extremely long lives. I think they’re the longest lived animal, they can go at minimum 150+ years, some speculation of 300+ (no surefire way to measure). And they get really big! Up to, like, 25 feet. Amazing animal.

Here’s a nice picture of a thresher shark also:
Thresher_shark

2 Likes

Shit, that’s what that thing on its eye is? I thought it was a piece of kelp or something that was in frame

Yeah, happens to almost all of them. Just their lot in life.

Okay, I went to the wikipedia page for Thresher’s and I love this image:

It’s like “yeah, I would hope so”

3 Likes

My favorite is DOG :heartbeat: :dog: :dog2: :guide_dog:

2 Likes