The Fast and The Furious The Series The Thread

Let’s discuss this storied classic franchise and pinnacle of film-making.

Specifically, what is everyone’s opinion of the latest entry, F8 of the Furious?

Without spoiling, I found it to be trying very hard to replicate the spirit and heart of the series up to this point. But it… just… doesn’t… have it. It feels like it wants to be a slick spy movie and be accepted as such but the writing doesn’t back it up. And it because it lacks the heart of the previous entries it ends up feeling a little hollow. There are a few moments throughout that stand out, one specifically being the latter half of the NYC section where Dom faces off against his team that I really enjoyed.

I think there’s a lot of potential to create an interesting story off the back of this so I hope they managed to do some cool stuff.

Also: F&F6 is the best in the series.

6 > 5 > 7 > 1 > 3 > 8 > 4 > 2

5 > 2 > 1 > 8 > 6/4/3 > 7

Just sayin’

5 > 6 > 3 > 8 > 7 > 1 > 2 > 4

I’m prepared to fight the good fight for 2 fast 2 furious. I don’t know why people hate it but I think it’s fantastic, honestly.

tokyo drift is the greatest movie of all time. and if u disagree you are wrong

I’m never ever going to get over what happens to Han so I can’t really love it.

I recently rewatched all of the films and was utterly shocked at how much they missed the mark with 2. They completely didn’t understand why people liked the first movie. If you want to get an idea about the quality of 2, just look at how badly it affected 3’s response. Nobody gave a shit because the previous movie was butt.

5 > 6 > 3 > 7 > 8 > 4 > 1 > 2 easy

the movie has it all. great characters, tragedy, the hero’s journey, romance, sick drifting, a mountain where people drift, that tokyo drift song, bow wow’s car, the introduction to Han, the actual DK, “donkey kong??”, the main character has the craziest accent, everyone is literally 24-26 in high school, the garage with multiple cars,

I mean, I know it didn’t do well commercially. I’m just saying all those people were wrong and 2 fast 2 furious owns.

Fast 5 is a near perfect action movie and while the series has struggled to get back to the highs since then it’s still been pretty good. Also fully on board with the #Justice4Han movement. As much as I love Statham the fact that they don’t even address that was icky for me.

Power Rankings: 5/7/6/3/8/1/4/2

There’s a lot of hate for 4 here, but my DVD cover says it’s the best in the series. Are you all trying to tell me that an unnamed source of a local Miami TV station is not a reliable movie review?

how can it be the best if it doesn’t have Vin. HOW.

1 3 7 5 8 6 4 2

I cant Believe I live in the timeline where all the franchise I loved as a teen would be World wide blockbuster movie franchise’s. Fast and Furious ,Underworld, and Resident Evil. Which go in Great from Fine in that Order

7 > 8 > 6 > 1 > 3 > 2 = 4

Don’t @ me.

Introduces Tej and Roman, strikes a decent balance between Crime Action and fast cars (I think the later movies go a bit too far towards action, although 8’s race is nice). The car chase at the end is still one of my favorite sequences in the series.

wheres 5 it’s suspiciously absent.

refer to me post tia

3’s got Vin so I can understand an argument for it being the best. I don’t agree with it but I can understand it.

Tokyo Drift is the greatest movie to ever be released, if you cut every scene with dialogue