The Final Fantasy XIV Thread! Ready for Shadowbringers?

i think unless messing with and learning every class seems fun to you (its my fav part of the game so i was fine with paying a sub while i messed with everything without progressing much) id mess with each one just to get a good feel for what you would like playing most.
it might not be that big of a deal since most people seem to stick with what they started with but me n my sibling ended up changing alot so our first month was alot of experimenting. even more for my sib (like 4 subs or something) cuz they got over their fear of healing n ended up maining white mage instead of a dps which was at like level 18 or something

Ahh, Arc, you’re really selling Faerie server to me!

I’ve been on Leviathan since 2014(?) and the only reason I chose that server is because my legacy lgbtq LS from FFXI chose it. In early 2016 our FC was disbanded and we were absorbed into a different lgbtq-friendly FC but even after all these years I still don’t really vibe with them. It’s a tight knit group that logs in for scheduled raids and I feel like a weird stranger asking them to run old content. Most of them are also on PST (I’m on EST).

I’ve always been super behind on content (still doing Heavensward). I feel like I’d play more often if I had a community I could truly engage with. Joining the Waypoint CWLS seems like a step in the right direction though. Looking forward to grouping up with, y’all.

Leviathan is one of the Big Servers, isn’t it? What’s it like there?

Also I wish I could make a mid-thread poll asking which starting city everyone likes the best. I want scientific evidence that Gridania and its terrible aethernet system is the Worst and Ul’dah is the best.

after spendign the last 2 years with gridania as my return point i have changed to limsa and oh my god this is SO much better

limsa is my fav in both layout and aesthetics, uldah i love the outdoor areas but dont like the indoors, gridania is just decent and a pain to get around.(kugane is my home point though,but my lowest class is 57 so i dont really have a reason to be in low level areas much anymore)

I’ve had no issues on Leviathan. There are always tons of people around, even in low level areas. When I play weekday evenings it’s always very lively. It’s nice to never wait more than 10-15 minutes for duty as dps. In dungeon pick-up groups, I’ve never run into a toxic players (but I feel like ffxiv doesn’t draw that type of crowd?). People generally seem pretty chill and understanding.

But I’ve been playing on and off for years and wouldn’t say I’m exactly tapped into the server community/goings-on.

Limsa as free teleport because of the no loading screen market, Ul’dah as recall because I joined the Flames for Nanamo and Raubahn, but aesthetically I like just hanging out in Gridania the best. I’m a sucker for having some nice greenery around while I craft.

I just started playing this game and Im loving a lot of parts of it, but there are some major things I find to be a bit troubling. I think a lot of the narrative with the “beastmen tribes” feels very violent and colonial. And I wanted to know if this kind of theme continues throughout the whole game or if it gets a better after the first story arc.

ehhh i wouldnt say it gets much better but it does get less focused on. now it feels like they are around just to summon a boss fight. and i do think arr just kinda pissed me off in general more then the stuff later besides like, a few things in the new expac that i find abhorrent.

Not to directly counter the above but I’m in the road to Heavensward and Yshtola literally calls everyone out for causing problems with the beast tribes and pointing out they are all trying to protect themselves from the various human factions and maybe shit wouldn’t be so bad if everyone respected each other’s territory, Merlwyb, goddddd.

By no means is it trying to be wise and progressive about issues but I don’t get the sense it’s blind to stuff either.

I’ve been playing Final Fantasy XIV a ton these past two weeks and it’s been super fun! After abandoning the never ending quest to upgrade my relic weapon (those grind fests are ridiculous), I feel like I’m finally making some headway in the Heavensward storyline. Just finished The Vault and I’m interested in seeing where the story goes. Give me more Hilda!

What’s everyone up to in game? What are you working on/towards? Anything interesting going on? Interested in hearing your stories!

HELL YEAH FFXIV

So after two weeks of playing a few hours every day, I made it to HW. I gotta say that the last third or so of the plotline leading up to HW is fantastic, but the entire quest thread needs to be desperately cut down to, like, just the Shiva stuff and then the final big spoilery thing that happens.

I cannot believe this game actually dropped an hour long cutscene on my head to kick off HW, I was enthralled.

Now that I’m in HW, I’m trying to slow down and actually like explore other classes? I started Astrologian, only to fail the opening starter mission twice because I have no idea how to set up healer on controller. So I’m gonna try Machinist instead because guns! Magic guns!

I do not know how glamour works in this game and I need to learn. The Ironworks armor set was so damn ugly I went to the market board and just bought the next armor set.

I sincerely love this game, it’s great and I’m finally fully invested in all the remaining characters and if anyone so much as looks at Alphinaud wrong I shall punch 'em to pieces because he’s my boy.

BTW for armor in particular: The like second questline in HW gives you a full new set of armor that is very good.

Anyway, look at this fancy grandpa.

What a majestic creature. It’s majesty envolops me like the breath of life itself. Such elegance truly defies description.

Oh God.

I’ve been on and off this game for the past year and a half. I’m Harsha Vardina on Excalibur, playing through as a Samurai at the moment on Heavensward.

This is literally the first time in my life I have ever wanted something from a game’s cash shop.

I’d only seen images of it before and was immediately in love, now I kinda want to kill it with fire?

u can buy glamor prisms at ur grand company for those seals, think they are pretty cheap too

Just reupped my subscription and once again got sucked into crafting forever! It’s such an involved system and feels rewarding, especially when you get to make the equipment for the true endgame (glamour)

Having just hit 70 on most of my crafting classes, I’m now working on climbing the (crafting) gear treadmill…

Also I moved to Faerie and it’s a great server!

Yes! The lead up to HW had me on the edge of my seat. I was floored by how far the storytelling had come.

It’s probably good to branch out job wise. I’ve pretty much been playing dragoon exclusively since Final Fantasy XI. I tried out gladiator but tanking makes me incredibly anxious? I’m new and trying my best and I let people know that. But I dunno. I don’t wanna get yelled at, haha. Might do a little a monk or bard.

The panache is radiating from your character! Love it

I just dropped $40 dollars this weekend on upgrading to all the collector’s editions because I wanted fun mounts. Alas, if I had only waited a few more days I could’ve gotten this adorable buddy!