The Fitness Thread

I do a program called SOFLETE, which is like a programmed CrossFit in that each days builds on the last, but it’s still that mix of lifting and HIIT stuff. I’m just glad I finally found a gym that has all the stuff I need for it, but I don’t have to pay the CrossFit $$$. My old gym was a rec center, and I had to make a lot of substitutions with exercises or equipment, now I won’t have too!

1 Like

I wasn’t planning on running that quick for that long but I’m pretty competitive after being in a swimming club from a young age until the end of highschool so I picked up the pace to match those around me. It was fine up until around the 19th km when I felt my energy fall off a cliff. If I were to do it again I’d make sure to train for a distance longer than the 21km so that I’d have energy left in the tank.

1 Like

Best experience I had recently when running was a 10km that was run to this album start to end. https://open.spotify.com/album/2JSyzRorOlJzUS4FqWkaBt?si=Dt_t-H-4TrW9wDHjs3lDmw

Felt over the moon at the end - recommended!

2 Likes

This is awesome. Going to give is a try tomorrow morning :grinning:

Started working out as I’m working from home with a fairly easy workout routine called PE with Joe and I am so unfit I’m walking like 2017 The Undertaker after 30 minutes exercise

2 Likes

I have been using an app called fitbod to help me workout from home during the pandemic times. They made the bodyweight only portion of the app free (they may have turned that promotion off, though). What is great about the app is that it creates workouts for you that target specific muscles and they have videos to show you proper form. It also tracks muscle recovery so you don’t overwork anything. I liked it so much that I cancelled my gym membership and bought the full app. I am in the best shape I have been in awhile and overall feel stronger and healthier. I highly recommend it.

1 Like

I’ve only lost 15lbs doing this, but man, Overwatch + aerobic machine works wonders, you almost forget you’re exercising (it works even better with games that don’t require twitch reflexes, but can still pull Overwatch off).