The Forza Horizon 4 Thread: Please Drive on the Left!

Way to go everyone. I’ve finally been pulled onto the anime car bandwagon.

I would watch the hell out of a Dakar anime though.

This is the most cool symmetrical little house in a game where you can own like 15 houses and two castles and it’s the only one I want but alas

I also think that the 1993 Skyline GT-R is becoming my defacto Winter Car. Thing handles OK off road and sticks to asphalt like glue.

Love the winter wonderland that is, uh, Britain?

But seriously, winter is so much more fun without having to change winter tires, shoveling your driveway, or dry skin.

I want to play this so much but every time I try and launch I get the splash screen and then nothing. This seems like it is happening to a fair number of people but none of the solutions worked for me.

I spent way too much time troubleshooting it without any progress when I could have been playing Hollow Knight. The event log clearly shows the Forza executable crashing for no discernible reason. Disabling tuning applications, OBS etc. didn’t work for me. I basically tried everything short of reinstalling windows, including four separate 62GB downloads. I’m just going to have to wait for them to patch whatever issue is causing this. Waiting is the hardest part.

I had a similar thing, it was an audio issue for me, I changed to a headset connected directly to the back of the motherboard from headphones plugged in to my monitor, turned off spatial sound, and made sure all my audio drivers and stuff were up to date (also windows updates), after that it was fixed, if you haven’t tried any of those it might work!!

OK I legit just spent about an hour inside a single scene taking different photos. Rob was right about the living impressionist painting stuff.

Thanks, I’ll try plugging my headset into the back instead of the port at the front when I get home. Unfortunately the audio driver’s for my motherboard haven’t been updated since 2017. I’ll try disabling all audio and if that works I’ll have to consider a separate sound card.

Don’t mind me, just on my way to crashing into a murderous willow tree…

Damn, Mr. Weasley upgraded his whip with a roll cage.

I know this games so pretty that it’s already on everyone’s shortlist for best graphics but I really appreciate just how properly dark the nights in this game are.

That’s not all he upgraded. It was a D class when I got it in a wheelspin, and it could barely get up to 40mph…It is now an S2…the thing can FLY off jumps now…almost like magic…

Dusted off my X-Box and got it out of storage for the first time since I stopped playing Forza Horizon 3 and have joined the Driftcourse.

If you see someone driving really badly in a car with a Pikachu skin, that’s probably Ash Jr. If it’s driving really badly with a regular paintjob it’s me. As someone who grew up in Australia and now lives in the UK the last two Horizons haven’t exactly been exotic driving locations for me, but familiar is fun too.

So, weird question. I’ve unlocked the whole festival seasonal thing. How do I just race people? Is that what team adventure is for?

Finally got some good winter duds for my avatar!

I kind of wish there was a way to take photos of your character in photo mode outside of the car. Like if there were beauty spots but where you can just kind of chill next to your car for a picture.

Imagine if you’d been doing all those #Forzathon challenges (on the hour, daily challenge, etc) for your Forza Points to throw 150 of them (How much?!) at a Super Spin and this came up…

*thumbs up* :-1:

Which is why I’d avoid engaging with those systems too much, the gambling-like experience is way too gambling-like. Including the ease with which you could chase something (looking for a favourable random roll) while not actually being engaged with the treadmill itself.

We could do with less of that and more of this:

Look I know it’s a nitpick but:

With the roof lowered! How cold am I!? Let me put the roof back on my MX-5, you cowards!

This is quite a game

Loving it, not bought a driving game in years. Took me a little while to get over some serious geography snafu though, I know all of the places featured in the game very well and after getting a pang of recognition (e.g. entrance to ambleside, edinburgh; derwent water shoreline), it immediately gets discombobulated by then veering off into fictional versions of those places. I suppose these places rarely get featured in AAA games, so this is probably what it feels like for most Americans in most other media!

Looking like a damn Simon Stålenhag painting! :robot:

I can’t stop taking pictures. The night is REAL in this game.