'The Sims' Is Getting a Reality TV Show

The Sims is getting a reality show. With real people, not Sims.

The Sims Spark'd is a reality competition show which will air on TBS starting July 17. It's made in collaboration with Buzzfeed Multiplayer, Buzzfeed's video game vertical, and ELeague, Turner Sports' esports organization. Over the course of four episodes, contestants will compete for a $100,000 prize by completing challenges that showcase their creativity in storytelling in The Sims. Buzzfeed Multiplayer's Kelsey Impicciche, Singer Tayla Parx and Sims developer David Miotke, also known as SimGuruNinja, will judge.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/dyzd9q/the-sims-is-getting-a-reality-tv-show

I’m both disappointed and relieved that this isn’t going to be something horribly trashy in the vein of something like Big Brother.

4 Likes

contestants will compete for a $100,000 prize

Or as it’s known in The Sims: two motherlodes.

4 Likes

I find this quite ironic because when the Sims 1 came out one of the first things I did was create a Big Brother style game show/social experiment. My sims were miserable.

This isn’t trashy enough. They should make a horror movie instead. Adapt Seanbaby’s old article where he turns his Sims house into Jigsaw’s death machines.

1 Like