The Soul Calibur 6 Thread

I can’t speak for anyone else, but I still spend frequent quality time with my copy of SC5, and its delightful character creator. I am often saddened by the 50 slot data limit, and sometimes am compelled to clean house of less-than-favorites. SC5 changed up a lot of things about the series, injecting quite a bit more traditional anime and fighting game tropeishness than I was expecting. But I can’t seem to let it go, either. The first game I ever owned was Tekken 3 for the PSX, but I probably ended up racking up more hours in Soul Calibur for the Dreamcast. It’s stayed with me since I was eight years old, and I’m waiting for it to come back again, feeling a little like the fisherman’s wife.

So what the hell can we expect, should SC6 ever be announced, as is right and proper? What would you like to see in the next installment?

EDIT: Personally, I’d like to do away with the super moves and bring it back to the SC4 style, but with a character creator far surpassing SC5. I’d like to see styles like Yunseong and Talim return, but I could do without ZWEI and Xiba entirely. I’d keep Viola around, though, she was a pleasant surprise.

I’ve been thinking about this a lot lately, as I’ve been really missing the Soul Calibur series. A new instalment would make me very happy indeed!

Soul Calibur 6 will have no less than 17 variations of Nightmare and Sigfried, 4 pole wielders with a variation of Kilik’s moveset and Astaroth. Also ninjas, just shit tons of ninja girls everywhere.

Speaking of ninjas, let’s get Namco Bandai talking with Arc System Works and get Chipp Zanuff in SC6. It could happen, right?

…right?