The Terrific Visual Novel Renaissance of Vampire: The Masquerade

In the 57 years since the 2019 announcement of Bloodlines 2, fans of the World of Darkness have watched in (the wrong kind of) horror as our hopes for a worthy sequel to Troika’s Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines have evaporated in a flurry of departed leads and dropped developers.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/g5g44q/the-terrific-visual-novel-renaissance-of-vampire-the-masquerade

There’s also the battle royale game, which uuuhhh looks bad.
But yeah, Coteries of NY is a good introduction to the world (even if it ends on a weird cliffhanger), and Shadows of NY is a fantastic noir mystery. Heart of the Forest is interesting, but it stops right at the point where you start to learn more about werewolves and the lore, which was a little frustrating.
I have had fun with other Choice Of games in the past, so I should really make time to try the VtM ones!

3 Likes

I really need to check these out. I can work with either style of VN described as long as the story is satisfying. Hadn’t at all heard about them, either.