The Theme Park Thread

oh gosh, I forgot about Galaxy’s Edge. Honestly I’ve been super focused on the Phantom Manor reopening.

I’m not a Star Wars fan, but I’m curious of how that place looks. I’m sure my YouTube feed is going to be nothing but GE this week.

Also I feel like $200 for a custom high quality light saber sounds about right.

1 Like

Dying to go to Galaxy’s Edge, excited to see how it all pans out with all the interactive stuff they have planned. But do they actually have y’know… rides?

1 Like

any of y’all been to Lagoon in salt lake city? that was my absolute fav as a kid and I have such fond memories of that place. tried to go once as an adult and got rained out, but I’m dying to go back.

I’m pretty psyched for a big Disney World trip I’ve got planned with friends for next year, I haven’t been in something like 15 years (and only once, since my family preferred the coziness of Disney Land). I am going to buy the overpriced lightsaber.

I mainly blame Jenny for reminding me of how cool theme parks are.

1 Like

The two rides at Galaxy’s Edge are Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run and Rise of the Resistance. Some more info here.

I’m primarily looking forward to Rise of the Resistance because I love me a dark ride and I’m incredibly interested in seeing the latest tech and animatronics. Unfortunately, Rise of the Resistance isn’t finished yet and won’t be opening along with the land this week but the initial reviews for Smmugler’s Run have been very positive.

Currently guests are limited to only 4 hours in the park and a reservation is required. Even with these measures the crowds will probably still be miserable. I’ve heard 3 hours just to create a light saber and 2 hours Smuggler’s Run.

1 Like

Never heard of it but I’m gonna look it up! Always cool to hear about lesser known places!

1 Like

Looked up a video on it and it looks like fun!

1 Like

More concept art of the Ghibli theme park in Japan came out recently:

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2019/06/01-1/aichi-prefectures-ghibli-park-on-track-to-open-in-fall-of-2022

As I’m planning a trip to Japan in fall 2022, I’m really hoping I get to check it out.

In other Japanese theme park news, Tokyo Disneysea is getting an expansion, also opening in 2022.

4 Likes

As Star Wars is very hot on the forum right now I would be remiss not to mention that the big E ticket attraction for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, Rise of the Resistance opens today in Disney World for media previews.

If you don’t mind spoilers, check out new promo images from the ride here.

Dark rides are my favorite so I’m really looking forward to this one. Give :clap: me :clap: animatronics :clap: ! They’re really hyping it up as the most advanced ride they’ve ever made so hopefully it lives up to it!

4 Likes

The robot designs here are so good.
Also, if anyone hasn’t take a look at what Disney is doing for Tokyo Disney with their upcoming Beauty and the Beast ride. It feels like someone at Disney cracked an animatronic code about two years ago and we are starting to see the fallout. That Belle robot can walk.

2 Likes

I just looked it up and wow, that’s incredible.

All this talk about realistic theme park animatronics has me thinking about that Simpsons episode set in Itchy & Scratchy land.

"Amusement park of the future where nothing can possiblay go wrong.

Possibly go wrong.

That’s the first thing that’s ever gone wrong."

1 Like