The Twitter Account Tracking Geneva Conventions Violations in Video Games

Twitter is a hellscape, but it's also full of a lot of very funny people running very subversive accounts answering the important questions of the day in the world of video games. For example, can you pet the dog? How come everything always gets compared to Dark Souls?

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/7k9a9b/the-twitter-account-tracking-geneva-conventions-violations-in-video-games
1 Like

That tweet about Netanyahu was Very Good.

Somewhat tangential, but an interesting project might be to document which games are still themselves in breach of the Geneva Convention:

I know I made games that violate the Geneva Convention back in my high school software class, but I try to be more mindful of that these days…

5 Likes

Has anyone actually looked into the history of where the use of the red cross as a health indicator came from? I feel like there should be an Ahoy deep dive on this but all a basic search turned up was the Kotaku article.

2 Likes

Please stop putting creey (he’s always creepy) CoD Reagan on the front page of Vice Gaming.

3 Likes

Ok Patrick mentioned Can You Pet the Dog, which is maybe the Ur-VG gimmick account, but my personal favorite is probably this one just because it’s just so… specific to games? Despite living around a bunch of waterfalls for a while I’ve never wondered what was behind one in real life. And yet if I see one in a game I immediately try to go behind it.

8 Likes

“Hey, you found a secret!”

I can’t believe how hard it was to find just that clip

1 Like