Hello everyone! It’s almost the end of 2019 - you know what that means! It’s Game of the Year season, where we look back on all of our experiences in games (and other media too!) in the past year and reflect. That’s why, for the fourth year running, we are proud to present the Waypoint Community End of Year event. Please join us as we countdown to 2020 by sharing our favorites!
We’ve reworked our schedule, so even if you’ve participated before, please take a minute to look it over! From December 16th to December 28th, a few threads will be going up every other day - you can see the full schedule below. All of these threads will be focused on discussion. You can talk about anything you experienced in 2019, even if it was released in a prior year.
We’ll begin the nomination process to select our community’s favorites in January, and we’ll have more to share when that process gets underway.
The Waypoint Community strives to be a place that is fun & inclusive for everyone. We welcome considerate and passionate discussion. As always, we expect these discussions to follow our Code of Conduct and Community Guidelines. Be respectful of others’ opinions, interests, and feelings. Try to engage with others in constructive conversation.
We are so excited to get started! Our End of the Year event is always changing, and we try to always improve and create a more positive experience for everyone in our community. We hope this year’s event will be better than ever! We’ll leave this thread unlocked, and if you have any questions or comments about the event overall feel free to post them here.
Please Note: We’re planning to write-up a summary thread at the end of the event and include various members’ quotes from the discussion threads, just like last year. The quotes that we select will be attributed to their authors and only posted on this forum (forum.waypoint.vice.com). If you would prefer to not be quoted in the summary thread, please indicate this in your posts.
The Waypoint End of Year Planning Committee
(Note: threads will be posted during the daytime in the US on the days listed below, so you may need to add a day due to time zone differences.)
- Great Moments and Highlights (December 16)
- The Waypoint Runway: Favorite Fashion (December 16)
- Favorite Game Feel (December 18)
- Favorite Multiplayer/Ongoing Game (December 18)
- Deep Cuts: The Waypoint Rarities Collection 2019 (December 20)
- Exceptional Experiences: Favorite Tabletop/RPG/Experiential Play (December 20)
- Favorite Watching (December 22)
- Favorite Reading (December 22)
- Favorite Listening (December 22)
- Favorite Atmosphere/Presentation (December 24)
- Favorite Game Music (December 24)
- Favorite Narrative/Performance (December 26)
- Making Connections: Games About Community and Interconnectivity (December 28)
- Favorite Game of 2019 (December 28)