The Waypoint Redirect Rumble – Discussion Thread (We Have Our Winner!)

After agonizing internal conflict I voted culturalmarxism.club, but hottake.club deserves to be much closer.

2 Likes

Just some of my thoughts on round 2:

1. How the heck are some of these redirects even more obscure than the first round? I thought I was pretty in-the-know on my Waypoint trivia, but some of these are just…what do I do?

2. Down with mayo.zone! I have zero idea what vaporwavehicles.com is, but I’ll gladly vote for it over mayo. (side note: internationalhouseofketchup.org all day!)

3. I thought this redirect tournament was a good idea at first, but I swear some of these match-ups are gonna tear this community apart…

4. I don’t care what kind of site riendeaupower.com redirects to, it is such a good URL lol.

1 Like

The decision between millenialsarekilling.games and averagebomb.com was harrowing and I don’t feel good about it.

2 Likes

thirst.solutions is so good tho

1 Like

Hey, y’all! We’re going to be closing polling for Round 2 shortly so we can prepare the next round & get rolling. If you have been really holding your voting in your back pocket, now is the time to spend it – this is your thirty-minute warning!

Voting has now closed, but you can find all the results here.

By the way, y’all – I’ve gotta coin flip this decision…
.image

And now we’re in it – Round 3 is in underway. Please vote here!

1 Like

I’m happy gamingadvice.email won, but not like this…

Also, R.I.P. digitalpyramids.com, asseaters.info, arkane-aust.in, committothebutt.com, theknackening.com, and thirst.solutions. So many good contenders, gone too soon.

Especially digitalpyramids.com. Figured that was gonna be a sweep.

3 Likes

I know it wasn’t easy, but you made the right decision. :+1: Hope that helps you sleep a little easier.

1 Like

Huh, not as tough as round 2 in my opinion.

Also sorry y’all, vice.waypoint.austinwalkergames.games/com is a good redirect and all, but I gotta see that gamesare.art v gamesarenot.art matchup!

1 Like

The only [austinwalker, games] url I was voting for was the justin.tv one but that’s already out so ¯\_(ツ) _/¯

1 Like

that’s really good! I love the idea that its meant to be read aloud because when I’ve been showing the redirect list to friends I always read that one aloud.

1 Like

I do feel like kind of a shithead for unintentionally flooding the polls with a bunch of minor variations of the same joke.

I’m glad you like that one, though.

I’ll be sad to see it go, but I understand and respect your decision. We must settle this matter once and for all, and since aregames.art was bumped off in round one, this is the only way to decide we have left.

3 Likes

fwiw i voted for all of your stupidass URLs

1 Like

It’s totally on me for not noticing it when putting the bracket together.

For the record the ridiculously long one makes me laugh every time. I mean heck it broke the poll box it’s so long lmao.

2 Likes

Sorry I wasn’t there when you needed me thiccanimegirls

2 Likes

An important moment in video gaming history

9 Likes

:open_mouth: Who would have thought the future of gaming would be decided by Waypoint

EDIT: Beat me to the punch @AliCoffee haha

1 Like

R.I.P. gamingadvice.email. Gone way too soon…
Where will I get my prime gaming advice from now? :disappointed_relieved:

(Eh, games aren’t art anyway. Do I even care?)

3 Likes

boatjazz vs culturalmarxism was that mid-round match that really should have been the final

4 Likes

culturalmarxism.club vs new.donk.city was a real rough choice.

4 Likes

waypoint. nice. com

3 Likes