The Weird New Pokemon That You Can Drink Is Tearing Us Apart

Every so often, there's a Pokemon that becomes highly controversial. Sometimes, it's because it has an overpowered ability or move. Sometimes, people don't like the character design. And sometimes, it's the description that really sets people off. So when we learned that the new ghost Pokemon, Polteageist, was willing to let you drink some of its body if it liked you, it naturally caused some, well, lively debate. I, for one, am willing to partake of my new ghastly tea friend. It would be rude to refuse it! We discuss the entire Nintendo Direct, Gears 5, and more on this week's Waypoint Radio. You can listen to the full episode and read an excerpt below.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/gyzyxm/the-new-ghost-pokemon-polteageist-is-tearing-us-apart

I’m so excited to learn jedi academy is coming to the switch. I played that game soooooo much when i was younger. just fuckin around in a server with friends, putting all your force points in to jump and going real high, doing sweet duels. it was one of the first games I nodded, downloading packs so I could make my character look like someone else or have a black lightsaber. oh sweet nostalgia.

1 Like

THE LITTLE CAESARS DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Little Caesars promises only three things: your pizza will be hot, it will be ready, and it will be in the ballpark of five dollars. Nowhere did they promise that it would be good. Little Caesars is the place where you walk up to a counter and hand an employee five dollars and walk out with an entire pizza of mediocre quality. (also, if you get pizza from them that ISN’T a hot and ready it’s actually totally in line with other fast food delivery pizzas)

Honestly though, the Little Caesars hate wasn’t even what got me riled up about that garbage fast food bracket, because look, I get it, even if I did grow up poor literally down the street from a Little Caesars so that’s the pizza we got when we got to get delivery pizza. No, it’s the idea that anyone would put a Schlotzsky’s on that list that has got me upset. Did the person who answered that not understand the question? Did their only experience with the restaurant involve finding a human body part in their sandwich? Is this the sort of person who is such a food snob they shouldn’t be anywhere near a question on the relative quality of fast food places? Is this an elaborate troll directed only at me? Because these are the only scenarios that make any sense. Schlotzsky’s is top tier fast food deli sandwiches and is probably better than every single other place on that bracket.

9 Likes

Look just think of the tea Pokémon as a cow. A cow lets you drink it, right? It’s not that weird. Just a ghost tea cow.

9 Likes

Thanks for clarifying this. I was listening while I was on my way to the farm to get a drink of cow and it really helped put it in terms that made me understand better.

7 Likes

Can I put some cow in my ghost tea or is that uncouth?

1 Like

IT WAS D4, PATRICK. NOT D3. THE DARK DREAMS DON’T DIE, PATRICK. THEY DON’T DIE.

Can’t believe my first post in ages is gonna be this thing but damn it, D4 was my game of the fuckin’ year.

3 Likes

Thank you. This is indeed how it works.

Disgusting. Flagged.

1 Like

I don’t know if Deadly Premonition was widely panned as much as it was just incredibly polarising, some people thought it was bad for sure, but folks like Jim Sterling gave it a 10, delighting in its B sensibilities and charm. Though I’m sure it grew on people over time too and gaining a cult status.

There was something else that probly warranted some correction but it’s been a full workday since I listened to it and this post went up.

Add the tea pokemon to a vendor in Fire Emblem.

1 Like

Patrick is wrong, Arby’s rules
Emanuel is correct, Taco Bell is the worst

I like Taco Bell’s 1 dollar breakfast burritos and their dollar menu potato soft tacos. Cheap and I think they taste good too.

1 Like

i have never eaten at taco bell or arbys so i guess that makes me a fast food centrist, damn

2 Likes

Taco Bell - especially when you alter and customize via the app - is the secret garbage food haven for vegans like me and I will brook no sass on it. I won’t ever defend my custom vegan seven layer as good quality but I will defend it as tasty when I’m in a hurry and want to hit a drive through.

(The Seven Layer, minus cheese and sour cream, add potatoes and red strips, and get it grilled. Yum.)

5 Likes

Am I going to feel guilty about enjoying Arby’s curly fries?

1 Like

Never feel guilty about eating the best fast food fries.

1 Like

[Cado to Patrick at Chuck E Cheese when Chuck E appears on stage] That’s Chuck E

5 Likes

I am like Dan Ryckert, where if the zombie apocalypse were to happen, I could survive in a Taco Bell for at least as long as it would take me to die of a heart attack from all the fast food. I love that shit, anybody who has anything bad to say about Taco Bell is a cop.

2 Likes

I once drank a baja blast. It was Not Good. Sorry.

2 Likes