They're playing basketball, we love that basketball

Stern is a relic, the NBA transitioning away from him and his rule is a key component to it becoming as big as has gotten in the past 4 years.

I will also never forgive him for absolutely cutting the legs out from under the Sonics in that sham of a move to OKC. He did some dirty fucking business over the years.

Unfortunately, I don’t think my bf would have a good time. My cousin and I went to a game a few years ago and got end of court seats like 10 rows up for something like $30? I’ll bet tickets are a bit more expensive now.

The Kins have been good enough to warrant me waking at 3am to watch games live. They are so dependent on Fox right now, he was +18 last night in a 4 point win. Bjelica has also been incredible.

Top of the east is closing on the west Raps and Bucks both look amazing.

It depends on the team. Last night there were lower bowl tickets that were good seats and only $40 right before the game. I’m sure if you want to go to a game where they play a bit name team, Lakers, Bulls, Warriors, etc. the tickets will be more expensive and harder to find.

They also got two new promotions. If they hit 15 free throws you get a $5 32oz smoothie from Smoothie King. Also if the other team misses two straight free throws in the 4th quarter you get something from Crunchy Crispy Chicken. You’re losing money not going to the game! haha

Top of the east is closing on the west Raps and Bucks both look amazing.

And they’re playing each other tonight…only one undefeated team shall remain!

And now Giannis and Kawhi are both sitting…sad day…hope the concussion doesn’t keep Giannis out long…

It’s the basketball equivalent of the protagonist and antagonist in a movie tossing aside their guns to settle this for “real”.

It’s like Goku and Vegeta getting a case of the sniffles just as they’re about to blast each other, thereby prolonging the fate of the earth by… *checks schedule

… 40 days.

Real talk the Raptors might be the 2nd best team in the league. Beginning to think the trade was worth it for them, even if Kawhi doesn’t end up staying.

But the better they do, the more I think they will. It’s a new era for sure in terms of star player movement, but it would be very unusual for a player on a title contender to leave- I think Durant and Lebron are exceptions. (Especially Lebron, because as the start to the Cavs season has shown he was, if not the only reason for their success, a massive one)

They are such a defensive nightmare for most teams because of how long and athletic they are at the wings, and they have tons of players available who can play that type of game. It’s hard to get a read on how they stack up with the Bucks simply due to how many players that sat out, not to mention Giannis not playing, but I honestly really like their chances in a fully healthy match-up.

They’re obviously not going to stop Giannis, at this point nobody is stopping Giannis, but they have enough quick, long perimeter defenders to keep throwing new looks at him, mix up assignments and make him work for it, and while Midleton is formidable I don’t know that he provides just enough “oomph” to keep the Bucks above water.

Ultimately it comes down to schematics and coaching and both Bud and Nurse are wonderful coaches, so ultimately it’s hard to say which way it’ll go. It’s probably the most interesting match-up in the NBA currently, that’s for sure.

All I know is there is only one undefeated team left, AND IT’S THE MILWAUKEE FREAKING BUCKS. I am so unfamiliar with this feeling…is this what it’s like to be a fan of a good NBA team? Like a really good one? I don’t know what to with this feeling of having my hometown team not be mediocre or worse…but I could get used to it.

It was a bummer to see our bench guys be out of sorts, but last night’s game did provide me with a newfound respect for the Bucks. Before I thought it was the Giannis show through and through, but you guys have some depth! Really hoping for an ECF showdown between the Raps and Bucks, because that would be epic.

It would be a crazy fun series, for sure. Outside of the Warriors, they’re possibly the two most fun teams to watch so far this year. I was bummed to not see both teams at full strength to get a better measure of where the team is at, especially with Kawhi and OG out for the Raps. I think the national narrative for the Bucks has generally been “they’ve got Giannis and a bunch of scrubs”, which definitely isn’t the case…Khris Middleton has been improving each year, to the point that he should be in the All-Star conversation this year, plus Bledsoe, Brogdon, and surprisingly the rookie DiVincenzo have been solid secondary and tertiary playmakers. Combine that with everyone who sees playing time being able to hit 3-pointers and space the floor, and you’ve got a recipe for success. All it took was upgrading from a dumpster fire of a coaching staff to Budenholzer.

Random question…does anyone else here really hate League Pass Blackouts? Specifically if you live in an area with no clear cut NBA team? I get if you live in an area that is clearly the regional media territory for a team, that they’d force you to watch a game locally. But I live in Omaha, Nebraska, a city with no teams anywhere particularly close to it, and 3 DIFFERENT NBA TEAMS are blacked out (Minnesota, Denver, and OKC). Like, what the hell? All 3 of those teams should not get to lay claim to this region! So basically, if you live in a flyover state with no specific NBA team designated, they just black out a bunch that are somewhat close to you. It. Is. Dumb.

Sincerely, a Bucks fan who has had 3 non nationally televised games blacked out already this season.

That’s absurd. I always thought the whole point of league pass is to serve displaced fans who don’t have easy access to a local feed. Having blackout restrictions like that seems counterintuitive to the point of League Pass and streaming.

Do any of the local networks have an app that you can use a cable account with to stream the games? I know NBC Sports Boston streams Celtics games via their app and online to anyone with a valid cable subscription

Just in general, I always found the streaming situation with all sports really frustrating while I was in college. Now that I’m back home near all my teams I can actually follow them in ways that don’t involve sketchy Reddit threads, but it really shows that sports broadcasting has had a hard time keeping up with both technology and fanbases that aren’t getting more and more spread out geographically.

Like there are things like Amazon Prime doing Thursday Night Football and ESPN being fairly easy to stream, but outside the most national of broadcasts, it feels like the availability of sports broadcasts is still behind the curve by two decades, and still very oriented around people at least having cable/a TV.

This Dwight Howard stuff does not seem good at all. I’m worried that people will be afraid to actually discuss the topic, or just dismiss it right out of hand ala Shannon Sharpe last night/this morning. I do agree that Dwight’s sex life, preferences, or anything else shouldn’t be of concern to anyone but him and his partner(s). However, the accusations of threats, intimidation, catfishing, and trying to buy the person’s silence should be talked about.

It’s the absolute worst possible way to start having that conversation in the NBA community. It is just so messy on every single level and I don’t have any faith in the media surrounding the NBA to handle the subject with the care that it warrants.

I agree that it is a terrible way to start the conversation in the NBA community, this entire issue seems like a massive minefield. There’s a thread in the NBA subreddit, apparently the accuser made similar accusations in 2016 about Playboi Carti, including fabricated texts and DM’s. Not saying this is the case here, but I hope it doesn’t prevent the league or anyone else from doing their due diligence and investigating everything.

I feel like the league and NBA community handled Jason Collins coming out fairly well. Granted, he wasn’t a player with the same profile as Dwight Howard, and he came out after he was done playing. As far as the media goes though, there are very few national media members I would trust to report on this with tact and in a level-headed manner (Jackie MacMullan, David Aldridge, and Kate Fagan all spring to mind).

It’s a conversation that’s going to have to be started at some point, across all leagues. Michael Sam’s sexual orientation seemed to be a side-show to the NFL and its fanbase instead of starting to normalize gay male athletes in professional sports. I feel like the acceptance and normalization will have to start at the professional level before there’s any type of trickle-down effect at the college, high school, and youth league levels.