Top Video Games List Generator

Also, the horrible team names for the various baseball teams located in Rapture would be just amazing. I want a full league of team names and logos for baseball teams in the world that is Bioshock.

Some highlights I got:

And of course, the game thats actually coming out:

i should probably change the generator to exclude generated names that are also real games. but also I really like the idea of an iOS Xenonauts 2

I like to imagine that duplicate names are just reboots in the style of Sonic The Hedgehog, Prince Of Persia, Doom, etc.

thank you from the bottom of my heart!

1. HELLGATE: PEGGLE MARIO LONDON
    (1995, Jaguar, Saturn)

Hellgate: Peggle Mario London was a “metagame-within-a-game… [where] anything could and probably would happen,” according to Waypoint. Hellgate: Peggle Mario London’s revolutionary active playstyle has helped the series stand the test of time. It expertly rode the line between simulation and arcade experience, making it possible for players of all skill levels to jump in, play, and find something to love.

This is too much power. I remember when the Waypoint crew sat down with such a classic… good times.

04%20PM

i don’t really know why I never thought about a park manager set in the poké-verse before, but the thought of running a Safari or a Gym while other people try to come battle there sounds really appealing.

1. MIKE FIGHTERS INDEPENDENT CLUB
    (2013, Mac, PC)

The first thing that strikes you about Mike Fighters Independent Club is its vibrant retro art style. A thrilling ending that dares the player to put their money where their mouth is ensures Mike Fighters Independent Club holds strong and stable even as it constantly darts forward to its next big thought. Mike Fighters Independent Club’s appeal lies in randomized 10-minute stories about people coping with impending doom, ones that are meant to be generated again and again and shared with a few equally doomed friends.

Something is off here…

A friend just got “2K14 NCAA Fortress” and I really need a game where I’m playing as Bill Self and just wrecking John Calipari’s whole life in an RTS

Say “yes daddy.”

I think my favorite thing about this generator so far is when it generates an already existing game but with a radically different description. (Also the double colon titles are fuckin choice)

This kinda reminds me of the Mighty Ducks Animated Series tbh.

Shamelessly necroing this thread post-Magnificent Made-Up Games Contest just to note that:

1. OLD FAR MOON
    (1995, Saturn, Jaguar, PlayStation)

Thanks to a combination of old and new elements, Old Far Moon resonated immensely with fans and critics. Old Far Moon is a masterclass in how to modernize a classic game. Old Far Moon was more cinematic than almost any game released before or after.

and

1. NO SAINTS MIDNIGHT SURVIVAL HERE
    (2018, Mac, PC)

The game’s elegant, trope-breaking story found immediate and long-lasting acclaim. Its violent wireframe aesthetics can feel almost overwhelming at times. No Saints Midnight Survival Here is not so much a game as it is an experience.

and

1. FAR HUMAN
    (1989, Game Boy)

This game is a journey through a Tokyo whose sun is setting, a place of tragic beauty painted in dream-like brush strokes of magical realism. Far Human was bombastic, scary and stunning. Far Human was a standout of weird Game Boy releases.

are all brilliant gems of possible games. I’m fascinated by Far Human being a Game Boy release, in particular - it feels like an 80s “pre-genre” weird PC/Amiga game to me, from the description. (No Saints Midnight Survival is included here because that name, platform, date and description is a perfect matchup.)