Ubisoft @ E3 2018 Official Discussion Thread

Welcome to the Waypoint Forum’s discussion of E3 2018. This is the official thread for talk about the Ubisoft press conference and the games discussed and announced during that press conference. It can also contain discussion of further coverage of those games or companies that appears in later days. We want to contain overlap and multiple threads so please contain all discussion of Ubisoft to this thread.
Thank you.

Link to conference stream: www.twitch.tv/ubisoft

Schedule of all conferences:

100 E3 presenters parachute onto a stage.

(Mr Caffeine is not given a parachute.)

Just Dance: Battle Royale
by the end of the song, it’s just two people trying to push each other off a barstool.

EDIT: wait shit that’s just musical chairs, isn’t it

Gimme a sequel to the 2008 Prince of Persia or I riot!

Prince of Persia 2008 x Far Cry x Raving Rabbids: Battle Royale
EDIT: I’m sorry I typed this much less thought it but I’m leaving it here as a warning to future generations.

This, but with different voice actors please.

Ok Ubisoft, show me what you got.

chappelles_playerhater_RIVER_APP_1280x720

Hooooooooo this Beyond Good and Evil 2 thing is… not great.

Watching the Giant Bomb stream and I think it was Alex who compared it to an exposure model?

Fun times.

Even in the case where they’re paying the artists who’s work ends up in the game, I still think it’s a really gross and exploitative precedent to set. It turns it into a competition and reduces the amount of steady work available. What a whiplash going from that excellent cg trailer to that news, guh.

Alex and Jeff were immediately skeptical yeah.

The UGC content creation stuff is probably going to be pretty bad, even if (as Will Smith indicates is normal for this company) people do get paid for this stuff. Because they probably don’t get paid if it doesn’t get accepted/shipped (and how does that even work with a collaborative model of many contributors to each completed asset) and even the directly monetised model used by companies like Valve is only a 30% cut for the actual creators.

Ubi really going full-in on putting on a show again this year. Also still absolutely no consideration made to easing the tone between the games.

You ever think about how we have all these AAA dev studios which try so hard to get away from ever doing the business suits thing (basically the sales pitch for corporate culture of “fun” that a lot of tech does) and making sure foam darts fly around the office. Then everyone comes to E3 and buttons down for the modern ultra-corporate conference format.

This seems to indicate that successfully monetised productions are the only ones that lead to contributors being paid anything for their work (and only if your work appears in said production), and those contributors will have to haggle for their pay. Gross.

Well, at what point does Ubisoft start making more Nintendo games than Nintendo?

Gosh dang it I’m gonna buy a mini Arwing and never detach it from my PS4 controller aren’t I?

Edit: I mean my Joycons, gonna turn my Switch into a megazord.

I wasn’t that interested in the toys to life thing but damnit if they made a good starfox I’m all the way in.

If the Retro Studios Starfox game is real I’m putting my faith in that one.

I’m still hopeful for The Crew 2 but it’ll probably turn out disappointing. Weird that they’re just showing a prerendered trailer for a game that comes out in a few weeks.

Is Odyssey going to be the new [insert subtitle] subtitle?