Up Next Suggestions

I love reading on articles on the site, and I genuinely like the idea of “up next” suggested articles. However, I currently find the implementation kinda distracting/annoying? I’m not trying to complain, it’s just that if other people feel similarly, it might make people like the site less?

My specific problem is that on desktop, “up next” is displayed as a little popup box on the bottom left, but this box covers some of the text as I’m trying to read it. If I click it, it takes me off the page I’m reading, but if I close it, as far as I can tell, I can’t get it back/ find the suggestion elsewhere. It would be cool if the “up next” suggestions were also listed at the bottom of the article, or somewhere on the page where it doesn’t cover article text. My current workaround is right clicking on the popup, opening link in new tab, and closing it, but it’s kinda annoying to have to have a workaround.

Love the site! Again, not complaining, I just want it to be the best it can!

Hey, thanks for the feedback! We can’t get to everything right away, but posts like this help us know what could use work.

The Up Next box tells you what article will appear if you scroll all the way to the bottom of the page, but it sounds like that could be clearer and less distracting. I’ll keep this in mind (I’m our designer) when we revisit it, for sure.

Aaron