Upcoming Games that You're Excited About

What upcoming games are on your radar? Is there anything that you wish you could fast-forward time for?

For me - I’m dying to get back into the world of Red Dead! Seriously sometimes I find myself daydreaming about features that I want it to have.

Hype for FFXIV Stormblood, since I’ve allowed this MMO to consume my life and soul, which is fine because I wasn’t using those or anything. I really wanna see how good Spla2n and ARMS are, but I don’t have a Switch and I might not get one for a while so alas, I will simply have to watch Let’s Plays.

Also, 100% legit no joke… There’s a new Cooking Mama game coming out (Sweet Shop), and I’m sorry but that is my shit.

The FFXII rerelease. I’m so hyped and I want to tackle all the post-game stuff because I always thought it was cool to venture into the deepest dungeons and battle the hardest bosses.

I’ve been watching the development of Environmental Station Alpha 2 and it’s looking great. I loved ESA1, it was one of my favourite games that year and my favourite Metroidvania that’s not Super Metroid so it’s a day one buy.

I guess I’m curious about the Homestuck adventure game. We’ll see how that goes.

agents of Mayhem will likely be boss. I’m hoping for a Laura Bailey performance because Laura Bailey Boss in Saint’s Row 3 and 4 made that game for me.

I’m really excited about Scalebound and I’m really looking forward to what Platinum has in store for us. :wink:

Ok so I’m actually looking forward to Destiny 2 (That fucking name), Shadow of Wardor and the new Red Dead. Also, I know it is probably years to come but Death Stranding is very much on my radar.

I recently found out about Slay the Spire, a roguelike mashed together with a deck building game, which sounds like it’ll be a thousand percent my jam. https://youtu.be/jp_XgQjgGNY

Now that Persona 5 is out, I’d say Vampyr mostly. RDR2 also but I’m Team 2018 for this one.

Riding high on the Switch train right now so… excited for Thumper in the near future, despite never digging in to any rhythm game before. The visual and sound design look so solid and appealing. I know it’s been out for around a year elsewhere but I have limited access to systems.

Persona 5 was my most anticipated game for the last 8 years and with it being released I’m basically good for the rest of the year.

Nah I’m just kidding. Danganronpa V3, Etrian Odyssey V, and Splatoon 2 are pretty much the three games I’m most looking forward to this year. You know, if EOV is every localized.

There have been so many cool big games this year that I feel a bit out of the loop on smaller games that are coming out, so I’m excited about having smaller games to play but I couldn’t tell you what very many of them are right now. I’m excited particularly about small games on the Switch.

Anyway, things I do know about that I’m looking forward to, big and small:

• Nidhogg 2
  • Gang Beasts
  • Yakuza Kiwami
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • Danganronpa 3

I’m secretly hoping the year quietens down a bit because my backlog is fuller than it has ever been and we’re only 5 months into the year. So many great but long-ass games. Buuuuut

Danganronpa V3, FFXII HD, and Below from Capy games if that even comes out this year.

We haven’t seen enough of the new Mario game for me to get excited yet but once we do, that’ll probably be on this list as well.

What is literally my wishlist I suppose, lol

Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony
Red Dead Redemption 2
Death Stranding
Ni No Kuni 2
Sonic Mania
Super Mario Odyssey

I’ve mentioned Hellblade in another similar thread to this, but it is the game I’m most looking forward to this year.

Aside from that, I hope Frozen Synapse 2 comes out soon - it’s looking real good if the dev updates are anything to go by.

Prey was my hottest want for the year, and I’ve got that, and it’s hot.

Most of the games for the rest of the year I’m really just curious about. Either their dev story is fascinating or they seem like an oddball.

• Evil Within 2
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • CODWWII
  • Destiny 2

I’ve never liked a Rockstar game save for Max Payne 3, so RDR2 means nothing to me unfortunately, I wish that wasn’t the case.

Tokyo 42 keeps catching my eye and I’m absolutely stoked to try it out for myself!

I want to play Mario more than I want to live, so Super Mario Odyssey is at the very top of my list. Other than that, I’m looking forward to seeing what Assassin’s Creed is going to be, and I’m slowly warming to the idea of Red Dead Redemption 2. Also, Shenmue 3 is suppose to come out this year. I’m not really interested in playing, but I do want to see what Shenmue is in 2017 (or whatever year it gets delayed to).

Hellblade and Vampyr are two games I’m very interested in. Already hard at work with building another love/hate relationship towards Destiny 2. Very keen to see what Ubi is doing with Assassin’s Creed…and yeah, RDR2 will probably consume my life.

Most of the stuff I was super invested in was at the started of the year. Which is kind of good because now I have time to play those games and also try out weird little stuff that I didn’t know I wanted to play. But big things that I’m looking forward to:

• Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind - I loved Morrowind and the idea of diving into that space again seems too good not to pick up.
  • Red Dead Redemption 2 - I never actually played the original RDR because I wanted it to hit PC. But I will definitely be playing the sequel.
  • Destiny 2 - I played the original Destiny and really enjoyed it, but I never really got to do a lot of the larger stuff in the game because I didn’t have a group to play with. Hoping to change that with the second installment.

There’s other stuff that is sort of on my radar, but these are the games that I’m 100% on.

I echo the apathy toward RDR 2 – I played through maybe a third of the first game, but never stuck with it. I appreciate a good western, considering there just aren’t that many western games (bring back Call of Juarez!), but there is something about RDR’s world, and Rockstar worlds in general, that doesn’t click for me.

As far as what I am looking forward to:

• Ni no Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom
  • COD:WWII
  • Destiny 2
  • Middle Earth: Shadow of War

If Microsoft takes a hint and announces a proper Fable title at E3, then I will shit my pants and be a very happy boy.

Two games that haven’t been mentioned yet: Tokyo Xanadu and Divinity Original Sin 2.

I’m still playing Persona 5 so I haven’t started Trails in the Sky 3 yet. Add FFXII HD to the mix and this year is an RPG boss.

Tekken 7 - I haven’t gotten into a Tekken game since 3 but with 7 (specifically Fated Retribution, which is the version the consoles will have) feels like they’re really trying to make a Tekken that’s more accessible and not entirely dependent on combos like 6 was.

Mario Odyssey - It’s a new 3D Mario, and I can play it on the go. That’s all I need, everything else is just gravy.

Sonic Mania - I played this at PAX and loved it. Can’t wait.

Splatoon 2 - Splatoon 1 was pretty rad so I’ll gladly play another one.