'Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2' Makes Seattle the Star

Vampires are a potent and pliable metaphor. Sometimes they're deployed as stand-ins for the cruel and privileged aristocracy, others for the marginalized, driven to the shadows under threat of violence. As creatures of the night, they can be explorations of our most repressed urges or of our Machiavellian desire to manipulate and control. Because of its connection to the long-running tabletop game, Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines' will likely explore a bunch of these. But it will also focus on a new vampiric analogy, framing the tech industry as an invading (and yes, disruptive) predator in the game's Seattle ecosystem.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/ywyeqj/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2-makes-seattle-the-star

Is it too early to make a “vampire: the masquerade - bloodlines 2 is a documentary” joke?

2 Likes

The rich are already paying teens to give them their blood as a purported anti-aging treatment, so not at all! If anything, VtM could have been bolder with its predictions about how brazen society’s vampires would get.

1 Like

We’re getting to the point where that when games like Legion and Bloodlines 2 come out, the reality will be more insidious than whatever the writers dreamed up 2-3 years ago.

3 Likes

The way the podcasts have been named recently I had no idea this was an E3 podcast and not just an article on Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines 2.

3 Likes

I’ve had this problem with almost all the E3 threads. I appreciate the irreverence, but it makes being part of a discussion difficult at times. I’ll hear something I have actual insight in to and go to find the thread for it and I cant because it isnt just labeled with (Friday night’s e3 podcast). I have hot takes that need firing off dang it.

3 Likes

Is the incel vampire the only Nosferatu in the demo? It would be fucked up if the character who is visually distinct from most people is also morally deficient.

1 Like

Sad that the Waypoint crew seemed down on Control. I’m really looking foward to it, so its sad that it seems its not meeting expectations. Not that what the crew experiences is the end all be all, but still, not a great sign.

That being said, I wanna give props to the Waypoint team + Natalie for really giving it their all this week and really being a bright spot, honestly, watching all the press conferences i think was kinda off putting and honestly kinda dampened my excitement for an upcoming year or so of games taht honestly for the most part interest me. And I think Waypoint did a really good job of making this whole commercial hell seem a bit more hopeful.

I think the rest of year has so many games i want to try that there is no way that i’m going to get to them all. From all the Triple A ass games at E3, to the indie gems that I don’t even know about yet, i’m really exctied to share those experences with both the Waypoint community and the team. I think its gonna be a good rest of the year, at least gaming wise!

2 Likes

Right? I had a deep need to correct the gangs pronunciation of Gris (if they’re watching it’s pronounced Gree with a rolled r) but couldn’t find the thread for that episode.

1 Like

There were two Nosferatu in the demo, Samuel (tells you where to find Slugg and can offer a quest to convince him to come back into the city Nosferatu fold), and Slugg (runs away from you and holds the data you want).