Señor de las Piedras

Nicola Cruz
Siku
2019 - ZZK RECORDS

Milo

Residente
Resīdεntә
:puerto_rico:

The results of a DNA test spur Puerto Rican rap icon Residente to set out on a global voyage in search of his roots and fresh musical inspiration.

Odebrecht, Corrupcion, Sicariato & Libro Verde

N-Fasis
single
:dominican_republic:

Movimiento

Jorge Drexler
Salvavidas de Hielo
:uruguay:

Canto de Amanecida, Cuculí

Gepe
Folclor Imaginario (Canciones Recopiladas por Margot Loyola Palacios y Algunas Otras Que Parten Desde Ahí)
QUEMASUCABEZA
:chile:

I really like Davila 666, they’re a Puerto Rican band with early punk vibes. Very Dead Boys, New York Dolls, Stooges, with a lil’ 60s pop influence.

This is the best version of this song bar-none.

Camino Largo (El Búho Remix)

Canalón de Timbiquí
Tributaries: A Remix Album

:colombia: Grupo Canalón de Timbiquí performing live in the KEXP studio.

Carnaval

Mexican Institute of Sound
Suave Patria - EP

:mexico: IMS (Instituto Mexicano del Sonido) es un proyecto liderado por Camilo Lara, en el que mezcla estilos mexicanos de folk con electrónica y hip hop.

La Rumba Me Llamo Yo (Canyonazo Remix) - Soundcloud

Dayme Arocena

:cuba: Daymé Arocena’s work encompasses the rich, diverse musical make-up of the Cuba she grew up in. Rooting her compositions in Cuba’s classic rhythms, she looks outward to the world she’s spent the past two years travelling. She will be performing at Carnaval de Bahidora 2019

Cielo

Sotomayor
Salvaje

:mexico: Mexican duo of electronic music with Latin American rhythms.

El Techo es el Suelo

Quiero Club
El techo es el suelo

:mexico: After taking the music scene by surprise in 2004, Priscila González, Luis Fara and Boscop Benavente have played some of the most important forums and festivals in Mexico, Peru, Colombia, Argentina and Spain. After releasing their 4th LP, “Oportunidad de Oro”, Quiero Club continues as one of the most representative and innovative bands within the Latin American independent music movement.

Violencia River

No Somos Marineros
Lomas Verdes

:mexico: No Somos Marineros is a Mexican band of Hardcore and Math Rock. This song, “Violencia River”, is a single of 2013 and is the first song that was recorded in a studio by the band.

Carreta Furacão

El Shirota

MEXICO: El Shirota is an original band from Chiluca, State of Mexico. Since 2013 it is a fundamental part of the harsh sound that makes its way through the chaos of the city. The Shirota has released their studio pieces, Chiluca No es Satélite EP, ESH001 and ESH002. They are about to release their third studio album.

Callejón

Davila 666
Davila 666

:puerto_rico: Describing themselves as like “Menudo on drugs,” San Juan, Puerto Rico’s Davila 666 combine Stooges-like garage rock fire with the occasional sugary pop melody.

La Magia

Little Jesus
Rio Salvaje

:mexico: Banda de la Ciudad de México fundada en julio del 2012.

Elsa y Elmar

Culpa, Tengo

:colombia: Elsa y Elmar is the name of the musical project of Elsa Carvajal, a singer-songwriter from Colombia. Describing her songs as “spiritual pop”, in 2014 she won the Grand Prize in the Latin category of the John Lennon Songwriting Contest for her song “Me Viene Bien”, and in 2016 she played in front of 40,000 people as the opening act for Coldplay at their concert at the Estadio El Campín in Bogotá.

Fiebre

Mitú
Cosmus

:colombia: Duo Techno de Bogota. They will be performing at Carnaval de Bahidora 2019.

Fábula

Rubio
Pez

:chile: The Chilean Fran Straube is a drummer, producer, singer, front-woman and indispensable reference of independent music in Latin America. Rubio released his new album Pez, whose twelve songs, or at least all except “Fábula”, had already made known in a series of five EPs that spelled the name of the project: R, U, B, I, O.

Nunca Es Tarde

The Guadaloops
Almanueva

:mexico: The Guadaloops is a group formed initially by two young Mexican musicians: Fermín and Fernando, originally from the north, after a few months in the capital they made their first musical work entitled “only music” that came out in December 2012 digitally and it was printed in June 2013. For more than 6 months he has been composing, recording and editing this second LP full-length work, which contains 10 songs.

Sigue Los Pasos

DJ Jigüe Y El Menor

:cuba: DJ JIGÜE is a Cuban artist who will be performing at the Carnival of Bahidora 2019.

Gasolina (Badsista Remix)

Teto Preto

:brazil: After the success of the EP “Gasolina” (2016), TETO PRETO starts its trajectory in renowned festivals around Brazil. In August, it put out the single BATE MAIS which is part of the long-awaited album PEDRA PRETA. The band’s first LP was released in São Paulo on 2018.

That La Rumba Me Llamo Yo remix made me think, “Wait, haven’t I listened to a Spanish electronic artist?”, and then I remembered John Talabot. He is a Spanish electronic musician. Here is Estiu from the album Fin.

Um Corpo no Mundo

Luedji Luna
Um Corpo no Mundo

:el_salvador:, Bahia, :brazil:

Color Cafe

Adan Jodorowsky
Esencia Solar
:fr:/:mexico:

Hotel Lisboa

Natalia Clavier
Trans
:argentina:

Sube El Humo

Cultura Profética
M.O.T.A.
2005 - MACHETE MUSIC

Pua

Dengue Dengue Dengue feat. Penya
Semillero

A tropical storm of electronic psychidelia directly from Lima, :peru:. Currently residing in Berlin, :de:.

Antofagasta de la Sierra (El Buho Nocturnal Remix)

Lagartijeando
El Gran Poder Remixes
:argentina:

¿Qué Tiene?

Ximena Sariñana
¿Dónde Bailarán las Niñas?
Guadalajara, :mexico:

Cap.VII: Liturgia: Bagdad

Rosalía
El Mal Querer
2018 - SONY MUSIC
:es:

La descarriá (Uji remix)

Corina Lawrence feat. Miss Bolivia
Alborada
2018 - ZZK RECORDS
Of :japan: and :uk: origin, born on the :argentina: coast (Misiones) and migrated to :mexico:.

Sabana de luz

Helado Negro
This Is How You Smile
2019 - RVNG INTL.
:ecuador:/:us:
New album out this Friday!

Over There (feat. Miles from Kinshasa)

Branko
Nosso
:portugal:

Same System

Marrón
single
:mexico:

I was listening to Evolucion by Luis Enrique and I enjoyed the song Nena.

Dentro de Ti

Draco Rosa
Monte Sagrado
SONY

I don’t think I have put any songs by Hector Lavoe, so here is Aguanile.

My wife introduced me to Chetes early on in our relationship, so he’ll always have a special place in my heart :slight_smile:

Cantemos (feat. Pedro Mo, Luanko, Cruz Kontrol, Mare Advertencia Lirika, Malena D’Alessio, more)

Rebel Diaz
América -vs- Amerikkka

Rebelde Diaz is a duo of brothers, RodStarz and G1, who grew up in Chicago and emerged in the South Bronx. They are children of political refugees from :chile: who fled a dictatorship financed by the CIA in the 1970s. Hip-Hop culture provided them with their own New Song. Its bilingual sound has been formed by pieces of South American folk, house and Latin percussion that collapsed with the boom and 808s breaks.

Duele

Bomba Estéreo
Ayo

Bomba Estéreo, the :colombia: duo of Li Saumet and Simón Mejía, appears in three categories for the Latin Grammys: Record of the Year, Best Music Video and Best Fusion / Urban Performance for their album ‘Ayo’.

Mujeres

Y La Bamba
Mujeres
:mexico:/:us:

Y La Bamba es el proyecto de la cantante y compositora Luz Elena Mendoza. Su quinto disco, Mujeres, continúa con la afinidad de la banda con sede en Portland por la contemplación espiritual, pero va un paso más allá. Al salir de Ojos Del Sol, uno de los 50 mejores álbumes de NPR de 2016, Mujeres exhibe el alcance de la voz artística de Mendoza como nunca antes. “Soy como soy”, dice Mendoza, y esa declaración es una declaración audaz, incluso política, que posiciona a Mujeres como la oferta más desenfrenada de Y La Bamba hasta ahora.

Pateando Petróleo

Tus Amigos Nuevos
Triunfo Moral

Ha Sido

Los Blenders
Ha Sido

Dueña De Mi

La Misa Negra
La Misa Negra

La Misa Negra is a 7-piece band from Oakland, California, known for their unique blend of heavyweight cumbia and high-energy, Afro-Latin music. On stage, they deliver an electrifying performance that explodes with infectious dance grooves and punk rock energy, powered by horn and accordion-driven riffs, a fierce rhythm section, and a vintage-inspired sound.

No Te Calles

Ruben Blades and Making Movies
:panama:

Salsa icon Rubén Blades has joined forces with Latinx psych-rockers Making Movies to launch “No Te Calles”, a song and a movement. No Te Calles is the first single from the upcoming collaborative new album by Making Movies, to be released in May. The powerful voice of Blades soars over the explosive guitars and the rumbero percussion of Making Movies, produced by the legendary Steve Berlin, member of Los Lobos.

Beautiful

AJ Davila

Rompe tu Guitarra

Los Mundos
Ciudades Flotantes

Mi T Shirt de la NASA

Mexican Institute of Sound
Disco Popular

IMS (Instituto Mexicano del Sonido) is a project led by Camilo Lara, in which he mixes Mexican folk styles with electronic and hip hop.

Tambalea (feat. Lido Pimienta and Ceci Bastida)

Niña Dioz
Reyna

From her debut EP in 2007 “Marcapasos” released by herself in Monterrey, NL. to be cataloged within "the 10 of the most influential Latin raperas of all time

Tómame

Francisca Valenzuela
:chile:/:us:

The Chilean-American singer, songwriter and activist Francisca Valenzuela has released a new video for her single, “Tomame”.

I remember hearing Me Gustas Tu by Manu Chao on the radio quite a bit. Manu Chao is from Spain but also knows how to speak French, which is why some of the lyrics are in French.

#BraveMonday, friends. We cast ourselves into the void, not to abandon ourselves to an inky doom, but instead to bring our inner light into the darkness. Here’s today’s dose of LatinX music to accompany you in whatever quest you are on.

La Revancha (feat. El Hijo De La Cumbia)

La Dame Blanche
La Dame Blanche EP
Paris, :fr: (via :cuba:)

La Paz Del Freak

La Mecánica Popular
La Paz Del Freak
NYC. http://lamecanicapopular.com/

La Inconformable

The Binary Cumbia Orchestra
Golazo

Cumbia de Sal

Jungle Fire
Jambu
L.A.

Do Leme Ao Pontal

Tim Maia
World Psychedelic Classics 4

Bar Tacuba

Café Tacvba

En La Naturaleza (4-3-2-10)

Gepe
GP

Guajiro

Orishas
Emigrante
:cuba: https://www.facebook.com/orishasthebest/

Blunt De Guayaba

Simpson Ahuevo

BANGAH (Pico y Palo)

ÌFÉ

Malamente

Rosalía

Here is a lighter song by Ruben Blades and Willie Colon called El Telefonito.

The video is timestamped to the first song “Magma” but honestly this whole performance is 10/10.