Waypex Wegends (Apex Legends): A Thread About that Titanfall Battle Royale

WOW!

I got a win on Sunday because the two other teams got caught in a gunfight with each other as the ring was closing. We got to just wait for the stragglers to crawl our way and take 'em down.

5 Likes

I had a game today that, while not an actual victory, was definitely a moral victory. I had something like five or six games in a row where we’d spicy drop somewhere and I just wouldn’t find a gun. Sometimes I’d get a punch or two in but just zero luck with guns. Finally I get a game where I find one but it’s a Mozambique so I keep looking… and get a second Mozambique. By then my team had started fighting another squad so I run in with my ridiculous loadout of two Mozambiques and nothing else and somehow managed to do 235 damage and get two kills before we got wiped out by… It turns out that if you have six shots instead of three before reloading then you can actually do a bit of work with a Mozambique. And then I tempted fate with one more spicy drop after that and didn’t get any guns and immediately died. I know it’s all just luck but not getting anything for so many games in a row is really, really frustrating.

3 Likes

6 Likes

That uber driver knows what they’re doing–I absolutely love dropping in in the Bunker.

I’ve had a few rounds like that, too, combined with several matches in a single play session of being matched with only one partner. It’s pretty demoralizing, particularly as the skill ceiling is growing so distant.

I don’t think I have ever come out of bunker alive if a fight breaks out. Often a third group rolls up and sandwiches us.

BTW does anyone else feel like the spitfires a bit too good? Strong damage, pretty great range and accurate if you tap fire, plus you almost never run out of ammo.

My go to loadout has become spitfire + R99 for close up clean up.

My friend recently started swearing by it, saying he watched a video that “proved” it was the best gun in the game, and he started getting 200% more kills every game.

A purple extended heavy mag on the spitfire gives you a whopping 60 rounds to fire off before needing to reload, letting you just pin the trigger and suppress enemies for a frankly ridiculous amount of time, and I absolutely love it. Throw a decent barrel stabilizer on there and you’re golden. I feel like half the matches I’ve won there was a spitfire in my hands at the end.

Also, I feel like I’m the only one who really likes the Hemlock. I usually don’t like burst-fire guns in games at all, but I think this one’s perfect for mid-range encounters. It prevents you from giving into the urge to just spray and pray on full-auto and instead encourages you to just take a breath and rhythmically fire off your shots with more precision, and does a hell of a lot of damage even if you can’t land every one. It’s v helpful.

I’m a big Hemlock fan! I love switching it to single shot mode for longer range engagements, and then back to burst as it gets closer.

I’ve also recently discovered the joy of hip-firing the G7 Scout at relatively close range. Good times!

1 Like

3 Likes

Haha uhhh yeah that’s the same type of stuff I do! Totally, I can relate to that clip 100%, no doubt. Glad to see other people doing just as great as me in this super easy, not at all challenging game. Nice

6 Likes

Just wanna echo the spitfire praise. I can’t say if it is too good, but I know I have good games when I find it. It’s helpful when your aim isn’t very good.

The Spitfire with extendo mags is great! I think it’s balanced well with its rate of fire though. It’s slow enough that you can get outgunned at closeish range.

I am happy to report Snapchat filters work on this game

8 Likes

Just listened to the first episode of this podcast about Apex. There’s nothing really revelatory in it, but it’s a solid discussion of some useful things, and then there’s this pretty spectacular musical number at the end. edit: the embed or their host breaks my time stamp link to the song, so skip up to about 40:00 for it:

i have idea

P2020 and Mozambique can only be unique by being bad, imo. Like, the EVA is basically just 2 Mozambique’s taped together. If you buff Mozambique then the game just ends up with 2 EVAs in it.

(Also please stop giving me skins for these guns I swear I have like a combined 25 skins between them including the only legendary skins I have.)

1 Like

I’ve somehow managed to get quite a few kills with the P2020. I’ll gladly take it over the mozambique any day.

2 Likes

The only thing I would want them to change is a dual wield hopup that just let’s you fire two. Ironsights just becomes fire the right handed gun and primary fire is left.

Just a fun buff that still makes them impractical to use.

I bought a legendary skin for a gun with my crafing materials, which is probably a bad choice rather than like 4 epics, and not even for a particularly great gun (R99) but i just love how it looks. Also i think the Spitfire is just a beast of a weapon, probably the best gun on consoles imo