Waypex Wegends (Apex Legends): A Thread About that Titanfall Battle Royale

Honestly all the new additions in season 3 have been so good but I really miss the giant beasts that stood in the middle of the first map. Such good boys with their big smashy stomp legs

4 Likes

They are in shadowfall… tho they are now infected stompy boys.

1 Like

Recent charge rifle nerfs feel pretty good. The gun is still good but it’s no longer an always take.

Game mode has been really fun! I am bummed that people quit as soon as they lose though :neutral_face:

I haven’t really been able to get into shadowfall. With the way everyone is alerted when anyone dies the smart move is to avoid all conflict because as soon as you kill one person things have a high chance of snowballing as more people pile onto where the notifications are coming from. I also always feel like my kills as a shadow are just cheap hits most of the time. The mode was alright for knocking out dailies but I think they changed that.

I feel like I’m getting the hang of Crypto. I definitely think his drone is more of a sentry than a scout. On PC it’s pretty easy to shoot the drone so my usual play is to tuck it in a nook somewhere useful. Maybe a high traffic area or a passageway behind the squad. Still not sure how to properly utilize his EMP without getting some friendlies in the blast…the range is just so big…anyways, new main. I’ll take any character that places things on the map.

I love my loud green sons

Duos mode coming next week!

2 Likes

Hey it’s me and I’m here to bump the thread again.
First the quality of life changes in this patch are great! Love the new training mode and helped confirm that I like the peacekeeper way more than the mastiff. It also helped me realize you can down someone in one shot from 50m with the Mozambique+hammer point rounds…

Duos has been fun even if it’s mostly Pathfinder and wraith. I saw a Giby and Caustic duo win by turning the last circle into a death pit which was neat.

Lastly if you are like me and want that lifeline skin from the physical edition I found out if you get it from Amazon you get the starter pack for free as well which is $5 of currency + a nice Re45 skin I believe.

1 Like

Taking a break from the game but I wanna check out that firing range.

• Players will now be able to view the ammo types of their squadmates equipped weapons when in the inventory menu.

This is the best. Playing with randos I’m constantly trying to figure out what ammo types other people are running so we’re not all running energy weapons or whatever.

• Crypto’s EMP now damages armor that players have dropped.

My main strat against EMPs is ruined!

Apex feels like it’s in a really good state right now in regards to character and weapon balance. Sure you still get unfortunate hot-drops where you can’t find a gun (or find four of the same gun in a five meter radius lol) but aside from that I’m still having a great time with this game. Picked up the Bloodhound physical copy too; it’s a cool skin and, while this gane’s microtransactions have been not great, it’s a fair price for what you get and I like having the copy on my shelf.

5 Likes

New update is out that raises level cap to 500, of you were already level 100 you got about a dozen free crates!

5 Likes

New Holo-Day event and gamemode are live!

• Limited Time Mode - Winter Express
    • A non-Battle Royale point-capture mode featuring three teams of three
  • Exclusive event challenges with free earnable cosmetics, including two Legendary weapon skins
    24 Event Limited premium cosmetics available directly for Apex Coins and Crafting Metals and available through Holo-Day Bash Event Packs
  • Double XP Weekend

Limited Time Mode - Winter Express

Three squads compete to capture the World’s Edge train, decked out in its holiday best, as it moves from station to station. For Winter Express, the path of the train is fixed to a smaller radius in order to ensure you’re never too far from all the action.

In Winter Express, each Legend comes with a custom, pre-determined loadout - no looting necessary here. Want to try something different? Eliminated players will respawn every round and can select different Legends to play mid-match. Explore different squad comps based on what your opponents are doing to hold the capture point. First to three captures wins!

Loadouts rotate daily, so log in often and play new combinations.

Have to hand it to them the skins have been getting better and better. Maybe now that Fallen Order is out they got some artists back?

2 Likes

I hope they bring back some of the older skins soon, like the Iron Crown stuff or that Mass Effect-y Wraith skin. While I doubt I’ll ever pay $20 for an Apex skin, I don’t mind buying the Battle Pass every few months so I’ve got Apex Fun Bucks from those plus 1000 from buying the physical edition just sitting there.

Titan fall 2 is one the best game i have ever played

1 Like

Hmm, it’s an obvious bot but with an opinion like that I, and I believe the entire Waypoint community, like the cut of its jib.

6 Likes

I hadn’t played Apex in a long while (since before Octane got added), but I got the urge to check it out again over the past week, and it has hooked me again in a big way. I haven’t dived into Ranked at all yet, but I’ve enjoyed the new map, and I’ve loved trying out the newer Legends, Wattson in particular. The game just feels so damn good to play.

My only irritant has been other players routinely quitting during character selection because their main has already been picked, or they look up stats of their teammates, see that I haven’t played much and I’m still not that great. Or the players that decide, “nope, I’m not dropping with my team, I’m gonna go halfway across the map by myself”. So yeah, some of the issues with dealing with playing with randoms remain, but the ping system still makes it more likely than not that I can still communicate and coordinate well enough without mics to have a really fun time.

5 Likes

Today’s the last day for the event mode and I’m kinda bummed, easily my favorite so far. Pretty excited to see what the next legend is going to be because they should start teasing them more soon.

1 Like

I want to get back into Apex, but the demand on my PS4 hard drive is getting impossible to manage. Every time I boot up my console, it says it failed to update Apex because I don’t have the 30+ GB needed free. I’ve trimmed down pretty much all I can right now, so I guess I just have to wait until, I dunno, I beat Yakuza Kiwami 2 or something.

I swear if the PS5/Xbox Series X doesn’t have a multiple TB hard drive or the ability to change hard drives without voiding warranty, I’m not buying it. Not being able to have even close to 10% of the games I own on a console is ridiculous.

1 Like

It’s not as convenient, but the PS4 does support the ability for you to hook up an external hard drive and play games off of there

I can’t speak as much about PS4, but I have an external on my Xbox that allows me to keep pretty much anything I may actively play local.

I am really curious/worried about the storage situation of the new consoles though. All the rumored/leaked specs are pointing towards internal custom SSDs instead of hard drives. So I’m wondering what sort of compatibility/performance issues there will be re: external hard drives. I’d probably be happy enough if they at least allow you to hook up external storage, and then shift files around between internal/external based on what you’re playing.

But if one of the big selling points for the new consoles is an absence of long load times, then that likely goes away if you’re using anything other than their internal SSD solution.

Considering I just three days ago had my external hard drive for my Wii U corrupt and lost pretty much everything I had on the system, I think my luck is telling me pass on that for now.

Best case scenario for this would probably be the same solution you get for a computer: a fast SSD that you put the data you want to use right now on and a huge multi-TB hard drive that stores everything not currently being used.

It would be a hassle to swap everything around manually, but I bet you could program a pretty clever solution to swapping everything around behind the scenes while the average user is none the wiser. And, hell, if I know the load times in, I don’t know, Neo Turf Masters or Spelunky HD are going to be fine, you could run em off the hard drive too.

Not that I’m thinking a console is gonna come pre-installed with a hard drive and an SSD out of the box. Just if power users want to slot an internal hard drive into the thing, they can.